We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande Rivieria Honeymoon Orchid Room

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lynchburg
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Grande Rivieria Honeymoon Orchid Room

Hi! My fiance and I are heading to SGR from Sept. 16-23 for our honeymoon! We cannot wait. What I'm wondering is if anyone has stayed in the Honeymoon Orchid Room? I find it strange that I can't find much information on that particular villa here and even on Sandals website. It's one of the rooms that does not offer a virtual tour. I'm hoping we made the right decision on room choice :)

Also, any other tips are great! We love the beach and pools, and plan to stay mostly poolside with a drink in our hand :) I'm also looking forward to eating at any restaurant on or near the beach. How hard is it to take part in the water sports? Do you need to sign up when you get there?

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande Rivieria Honeymoon Orchid Room

Do you mean the honeymoon orchid oceanview villa? If so, I am almost positive I saw pictures of it on the reviews pictures. If you go to the reviews page for SGR, and then choose traveler photos, and then at the top, just choose Rooms- or something like that, it will only show pics of rooms... and if you are talking about the villa, I am quite sure I remember seeing it.

You may also want to check youtube. I've been able to see lots of rooms that way.

I assume water sports at SGR are like other sandals- you call to reserve your snorkeling spot the morning of- if you are in the villa, your butler will take care of the reservations for you- just tell him or her when you want to go. As for kayaks, paddleboards, etc. you just show up. If it's busy, you can come back later. We've always pretty much been able to go exactly when we wanted to.

If you want to eat with the sand at your feet, then Neptune's should be high on your list. Also, if you are referring to the butler villa, you will be able to book at Kelly's, which is at the end of a pier. The one bar, Jamie's is also literally on the beach, so that might be your pick for cocktails! Make sure to take bug spray!!! We don't usually use the strong 25% deet type, but that is exactly what we take to Sandals- esp. if you plan to be on the beach at night or eat at Neptunes w/ the sand at your feet.

We head to SGR in exactly one week! VERY excited!!!

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande Rivieria Honeymoon Orchid Room

If the room in fact is the honeymoon orchid oceanview villa (code HV, they are on the second floor) and you want a spectacular view, you have chosen the right one. We stayed there in April. If you really want to "nitpick" the view's only flaw was a power line that went downhill along the property line. To us is was not a big deal and the vista was over the entire property looking at the Caribbean. We were on the upper floor and the it was a fantastic setting every morning for our coffee and "snack" before breakfast.

A separate bedroom and bathroom. There is a "sitting area" with couch and desk. Off that was a wet bar with the refrigerator, "mini" bar and refrigerator.

For the tour you can use the tour of the Palm Estates (HLP1). Although the Orchid room’s is much better than the one shown in the tour view. But our room did not have a Jacuzzi. In the sitting room where there is a chair we had a desk.

The villa is located at the very end of the road. If you like walking up/down hills like my wife this is great for exercise.

We definately enjoyed Kelly's and the setting right on the pier was great. We also always have to visit Valentinos which is not actually on the beach being above Jamies which is, but the view is super and so is the food.

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande Rivieria Honeymoon Orchid Room

I posted a review for SGR from last November and have a couple of photos of that room type (Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview Poolside 1-Bedroom Villa)

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147312-d151…

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande Rivieria Honeymoon Orchid Room

There's also photos of that room in the Room Categories album on the fan page on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fans-of-Sandals-Grande-Riviera-Sandals-Grande-Ocho-Rios/179766952072250

5. Re: Sandals Grande Rivieria Honeymoon Orchid Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 05:17