We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swim fins at Jewel Dunn's River?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Okemos, Michigan
Level Contributor
230 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Swim fins at Jewel Dunn's River?

We're bringing masks and snorkels, are fins available to borrow if we want to snorkel in the area by ourselves, not on an excursion? Do they even have the dive shop anymore since it was Sandals?

Okemos, Michigan
Level Contributor
230 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swim fins at Jewel Dunn's River?

Bumping in hopes of an answer.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swim fins at Jewel Dunn's River?

The Jewel has a dive shop, although I didn't use it so I'm not sure if they would be able to lend/rent you fins or not. I'd say it's likely, and maybe Janice will be able to confirm. There isn't much of an area to snorkel in though - due to the use of jet skis in the area, there is only a small roped-off area of sea available for swimming in immediately off the Jewel's beach. And it really is small and the water is not very deep - it's a dead loss for swimming really, let along snorkelling. Your best bet would be to get one of the watersports guys to take you on a hobie-cat to one of the nearby bays where you would be able snorkel properly. We did that just to go for a decent swim, and I'm sure they would have agreed to leave us there for an hour or two and then return to pick us up if we'd asked.

Okemos, Michigan
Level Contributor
230 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swim fins at Jewel Dunn's River?

Thank you very much!

4. Re: Swim fins at Jewel Dunn's River?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 07:18