We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How often does Sandals offer discounts?

Hubertus, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How often does Sandals offer discounts?

Was looking to book for next summer and I'm wondering if I should book today cause the sale ends today or wait and book a bit later. Do they offer these sales a lot?

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
908 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How often does Sandals offer discounts?

They claim you can save up to 65% everyday. What you should do is book through them and before booking ask if the price goes down in the near future can you get a refund for the difference. If they say yes then go for it.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
761 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How often does Sandals offer discounts?

Sandals has "sales" all the time but if you know which resort and which room you want. And you know when you are going. Book now. If for any reason up to 45 days before you arrive you can cancel without penalty. That doesn't go the same for air fare. If they do lower the price, you can "cancel" then rebook at the lower price. I have seen it happen, but not very often unless they need to fill rooms at the last minute, like within days. I have booked as far out as 18 months and at least the price of the rooms I have booked have gone up, not down.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How often does Sandals offer discounts?

suzqt1969: Sandals has a pricing policy that guarantees you the lowest price for the land portion of your trip. So there is no risk involved. If the price goes down, you get the delta. If it goes up after you reserve with a deposit, your price is protected. What will vary more is air fare...that's a crap shoot given the pricing models airlines use.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How often does Sandals offer discounts?

Go ahead and book the room that you want.

In February, I booked a stay @SWH for November. I used all of our SSG points for a discount of $750, so no points left in our account.

Then they came out with the triple points deal, where you could get a discount of $750 for only using $250 worth of points(10,000 points). I contacted them and asked if they could take 10,000 points off of my SWH booking and put back into my account to apply to a new booking I wanted to make at SRP. No problem, they made the adjustment and didn't blink an eye. So the SWH balance due went up by $250, but I got $750 off of the new SRP booking.

Then, in early June, the prices dropped by $547 in our room category for the time we were booked at SWH. I called and they immediately honored the price drop and I had a new invoice by email within 5 minutes.

So the price went up by $250 because I removed some discount points from the booking, then a few days later dropped by $547 -- lower than the price of the original reservation.

Just book and watch the prices, they are VERY accommodating at Sandals.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How often does Sandals offer discounts?

Go ahead and book. They will adjust it when it goes down. I have done it a few times with no problem. This might sound like overkill, but I also check sandals.com everyday. The website will default to your trip dates, so it only takes a minute or two. However, when there's a dramatic drop, it is normally only for a day or two. I got an awesome deal for SGR this fall because they lowered the price for just a couple days. It has not dropped again since. It is worth the minute it takes each day to check.

As far as air, it sucks, and I don't think there's winning formula. I just booked St Lucia air 8 months out because I didn't think I could beat the price. I booked my air for Jamaica 4 months out, and I only found a price $35 less than what I booked since. It is a crapshoot, and I don't know how they're allowed to do what they do. Every person sitting on the plane is likely to have paid a different price.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How often does Sandals offer discounts?

Sandals doesn't allow discounting so whatever price you see on the booking page is what you will find whether you go thru a travel agent or directly thru Sandals. Personally, we always use a TA. If I see the price drop, I message her and generally within minutes I have a new invoice.

As stated above, if the price goes down you can get the lower price. If it goes up, you are protected and will not have to pay the higher price. Sometimes a drop in price can involve "losing" a spa credit or a catamaran cruise that may have been included in the higher price. Then you need to decide which is more important to you. This happened with our booking at Sandals Royal Plantation. Original price included a cat cruise. This was not a deal breaker for us, so we "rebooked" at the lower price (by several hundred) We have also seen sales pricing go from 60% to 65% off, and again we have rebooked. As BSBGirl stated, I also check prices daily. But I have also had my TA email me a new invoice with a price drop when I wasn't looking.

Using a TA doesn't cost you a penny more, but his/her value can far exceed what you actually spend!

7. Re: How often does Sandals offer discounts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 05:18