We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe Drivers linked with Beaches Boscobel that would take...

Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Safe Drivers linked with Beaches Boscobel that would take...

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows of any taxi or other drivers that are safe, don't rip you off and are linked in with Beaches Boscobel Resort ?

I'm taking my 11yr old daughter and sister and only want to keep us all safe. We will be there at the end of September.

Please help if you can.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
303 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe Drivers linked with Beaches Boscobel that would take...

Ever been on the roads in Jamaica? I don't know if there is any such thing as a "safe driver," but what you want is an "experienced" one. And set the fare in advance, that way you won't get taken advantage of.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe Drivers linked with Beaches Boscobel that would take...

The resort can arange for a taxi for you and they will tell you how much it will cost.

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe Drivers linked with Beaches Boscobel that would take...

Hello charmed05,

May I suggest this company. It is a cooperative company and their drivers all own their own vehicles. They are an older generation of compitent taxi drivers that wear a uniform and tie.

Please contact them for the names of drivers in the area of Boscobel.

www.jcaltours.com

ENJOY!

Boston, MA
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe Drivers linked with Beaches Boscobel that would take...

Hi Charmed,

We just returned from Beaches Boscobel and had a great time. We hired a driver named Paul Thompson and he was fantastic. He has a website:

www.mravailabletours.com

We actually got our quote and booked him prior to leaving the US. We spoke with him when we were at Beaches and confirmed. I recommend him highly. Our youngest ended up not feeling well so we changed times and he was very flexible. In addition, he is the father of 6 children himself and was very safe and nice to our kids.

Richmond,Va.
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe Drivers linked with Beaches Boscobel that would take...

Be careful. The price we were quoted in advance from one destination to another was $30 more once we reached the destination. Ripped off.Really pissed me off but there nothing I could do about it.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,393 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe Drivers linked with Beaches Boscobel that would take...

Sinceretraveler, what company/guide/driver did you use that wanted an extra $30?

Richmond,Va.
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe Drivers linked with Beaches Boscobel that would take...

Ohliz, It was a trip from Beaches Boscobel to Couples Sandals.Supposedly one of the regular drivers from the hotels.There and back an extra $60 bucks.

Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe Drivers linked with Beaches Boscobel that would take...

Hey everyone who has replied so far to my question, THANK YOU so much your advice and in put is greatly appreciated.

Once again THANKS

CHEERS TO ALL

charmed05

Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations