We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
smoking

Hi does anyone know if SGR is a non smoking resort?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking

I don't think any resort in Jamaica is non-smoking, but check with the resort directly as to where smoking is allowed and not allowed. Seems each resort there have different policies. It's really the only way to know for sure.

Edited: 22 September 2013, 20:26
Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking

I just got back Friday from SGR--- you can still smoke on your balcony, around the pools and at the beach--- just not in your room or at the restaurants or enclosed bars .

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking

thanks your your replies was checking for a friend.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking

Definitely not non-smoking, but I am going to try to convince my husband that it is. Haha! :)

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoking

@Mel, I have no knowledge of there being a non smoking resort in Jamaica. Most will ban smoking in the rooms and restaurants but balconies, poolsides, on the beach or as long as there is NOT a NO SMOKING sign posted will be open to smokers.

6. Re: smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:18