We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

Hello... I am going to SGR for 10 days in November for my honeymoon and booked a butler suite on the hillside. I would like to know which butlers you would recommend that gave exceptional service during your stay and was friendly to you and your partner. I have read some reviews where butlers weren't really attentive. Hubby and I have no problem tipping if the service is wonderful and we want to be sure that we enjoy our stay and the extra 'perks' that come with having a butler suite.

Thanks in advance!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

Anxiously awaiting replies to this thread...

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

Me too, we plan on visiting in July and I check the forum everyday! We are traveling with 2 other couples and have had our hearts set on the butler suites. We are an easy going, fun loving group and would love to hear who would suit us best!

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

Our favorites are Jackie and Stanford --- they no longer work together but we requested them and got both of them---even had their new partners helping out. Jackie and Stanford have been there a while. Jackie now works with Annalise (former playmaker) and Stanford works with Joseph (former dj on the catamaran). I will be requesting them again in January and April.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

Sounds like there needs to be some sort of thread or tool to research the butlers...

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

Surprised no feedback in here...

Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

Yes me too :-(

Thanks Mficke for your response!

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

If you joined the fb fan page for SGR and asked the question, I bet you would get a better response there.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

Great Idea...

Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

Ok will do CNJ!

New England
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SGR - Which Butlers would you highly recommend?

Most people comment about their butlers by name on the reviews page. You could dig around as see what people are saying. I think there have been a lot of staff changes lately, too.

It seems that 95% of the comments are positive about any of the butlers. People that didn't seem pleased didn't seem to express anything to the butlers, and just hoped they would meet their expectations. I think it is fair to say you should give some immediate feedback when talking with your butler.

Butler service is so individual that what is great for one couple may not be for another. How about taking a chance with whomever the resort sets you up with? You might get better service because the butler probably has a small cluster of rooms very close to each other to care for. Requesting someone who's section is far away from your room might delay services. Or, You could be upset or disappointed if the suggested butler doesn't meet your expectations based on someone else's recommendation.