We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Montego to Riu Ocho Rios/ things to do

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Montego to Riu Ocho Rios/ things to do

I'm flying to Montego and staying in Riu Ocho Rios and i have two questions:

1. Transportation, I don't care if I have to take the shuttle but please give me more details, contacts, how much is it?, do I have to make a reservation for this? Do i have to contact Riu?

2. Things to do. We are staying from Wed to Sun at the end of Nov. I was thinking to go to Dunns, Blue Hole, Mystic Mountain and Negril but I need your advice and local contacts since I heard there a lot of locals with dif prices.

We are 3 adults and 11 year old kid.

I appreciate your help

Thanks,

CB

United States
Level Contributor
11,261 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Montego to Riu Ocho Rios/ things to do

"don't care if I have to take the shuttle but please give me more details, contacts, "

Travel time to the hotel is about 2 hr. or maybe a bit less depending on road conditions. Click on "THE LIST, Drivers, Taxis, and Tour Companies" at the upper right on this page for a long list of contacts.

"how much is it?"

From your question I assume that you have not arranged your visit to Jamaica as an air/ground package with a wholesaler that includes transfers in the price (a company like Apple Vacations). If you need to pay for transfers then the cost should be about $US25 per person one way.

"do I have to make a reservation for this?"

No but many people do. If you do not pre-arrange transfers then you can arrange everything in the transportation hall at the Montego Bay airport when you arrive. For details about the transportation hall and the vendors that operate there see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c177265/Jamai…

"Do i have to contact Riu?"

No but if you wish they can also arrange transfers for you (at an extra cost).

2. Re: Transportation from Montego to Riu Ocho Rios/ things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 October 2013, 14:05
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Montego to Riu Ocho Rios/ things to do

As the vinnie mentioned above, check out THE LIST. These are experienced drivers that other TA regulars have used and recommended. As make sure that your driver is Red Plate and insured to carry paying customers.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Montego to Riu Ocho Rios/ things to do

Jamaica tours limited at sangster airport desk 21inside gound transportation hall 1 876 953 3700

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Montego to Riu Ocho Rios/ things to do

Jamaica tours limited at sangster airport desk 21inside gound transportation hall 1 876 953 3700

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Montego to Riu Ocho Rios/ things to do

Thank you very much for your quick responses. They were very helpful!

Jefferson City, MO
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Montego to Riu Ocho Rios/ things to do

You may also try Kemrod Smiley Riley. We have used him in the past & he is VERY reasonable & a great guy. You can find him on Facebook or by email kemrod@rileytours.biz

8. Re: Transportation from Montego to Riu Ocho Rios/ things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:17