We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande Riviera Excursions

New England
Level Contributor
51 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Grande Riviera Excursions

Has anyone done the Sandals catamaran cruise to Dunns River Falls? Is it worth the extra $90pp as I usually enjoy Sandals all inclusives without excursions because there is so much going on at the property. Have Dunns River Falls climb several times already when visit Ocho Rio on cruises. So do you really "live funner" with this cruise.

Also, I heard there were bob sled excursions, but didn't see one of the Sandals website. Any information on both of these excursions would be appreciated.

NorthEast PA
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera Excursions

I am also interested in this as well. We leave tomorrow night.

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera Excursions

We have done the catamaran to Dunns River from a cruise ship and we had it included for free one time at SGR --- we had a blast and would pay to do it again.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera Excursions

The bobsleds are at Mystic Mountain. I have never done them.

Our catamaran to Dunn's was also free with our booking one time. No one on our boat danced on the way back, so it wasn't much fun. I've been on catamarans that were a blast though, so it depends on the group you're with. If you make friends while you're there, you might want to book with them.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
121 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera Excursions

We have done both the Dunns River catamaran cruise and the bobsleds/ziplining at Mystic Mountain. I would HIGHLY recommend both tours. The catamaran ride was a blast. It includes a quick stop for snorkelling on the way to the falls, the typical fall tour (done it a few times now), and the ride back is awesome. Tons of rum punch and beer and a great staff and DJ. We had a blast!

Mystic mountain was a lot of fun too and we may consider doing that again on our next trip. The tour included a ski-lift type ride up the mountain, the bobsled down the mountain (1 time included. I think you can purchase additional rides), a ski lift ride back up the mountain, then ziplining, then a little extra time in case you want to hang out at the bar/infinity pool. The bobsled ride is like a roller coaster through the rain forest.

In my opinion, both are worth the money. Have fun!!

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera Excursions

I have also done the Catamaran a few times to Dunns, very fun! Done other excursions as well that were great but have not done mystic mountain.

6. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:18