We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport Question

Orangeville, Ill
Level Contributor
418 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Passport Question

We are headed to Jamaica February 19, my passport expires August 2, 2014, does anyone know will I be ok or do I need to go get it renewed? Thanks for your help!

Kim

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport Question

We just traveled to Jamaica last month. The wife's passport expires in March, 2014. We had no problems. No one mentioned the expiration date. I checked with our travel agent a month before departure and she was very sure we would be OK. I was still a little apprehensive, but there was no problem at all.

United States
Level Contributor
11,811 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport Question

You might want to call:

Jamaican Consulate

4655 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive Suite 201

Chicago, Illinois 60653

(773) 373-8988

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport Question

Kim: I am a US passport holder. My Canadian hubby and I went to Jamaica in May 2013 and my passport was expiring June 30 2013. Yes I know, lazy on my part. I didn't have any trouble getting into Jamaica. No one blinked an eye...

The expiration rules to enter Jamaica haven't changed.

Have a great vacation!

Edited: 22 November 2013, 22:15
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport Question

As long as your passport does not expire for a month past your departure date (just in case something occurs and you have the need to extend your vacation) you will have absolutely no problems.

Orangeville, Ill
Level Contributor
418 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport Question

Thanks all!!! Made some phone calls and all is good... Now if February can get here so I can go "home"

6. Re: Passport Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18