We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples SS Balcony V's Non Balcony Room

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Couples SS Balcony V's Non Balcony Room

Hello, we are looking at booking this hotel and is wondering if it is worth paying the extra for a balcony room? It is quite a lot of extra money which we are struggling to justify for a balcony but if it is recommended by previous residents then we will seriously think about it.

Many thanks for any advice given.

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples SS Balcony V's Non Balcony Room

I went through this very debate looking at a non balcony room at sandals Mb versus balcony somewhere else (or paying to upgrade at sandals)

Honestly the balcony for me is crucial. There are many times you chill in your room and will be greatful for the privacy a balcony offers.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples SS Balcony V's Non Balcony Room

Lol as someone who talked Bam into a balcony, I can tell ya I find it VERY important. Check out my pics from CSS of my balcony. Granted we went all out and got a penthouse, but so very worth it. The rooms (sorry I can'f think of the exact name) over in G block are cheaper and most have great balconies/views. I do think however there are some in that block without them so we didn't want to risk it and went with a penthouse. So yes my vote is for a balcony because when it rains you have somewhere to hang out and chill.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples SS Balcony V's Non Balcony Room

PS-if you have mobility issues go for beachfront, otherwise I would go with g block room---which I just looked up and is called 1 bedroom ocean suite. This is cheaper than beachfront but more walking. Views are great, hope this helps:)

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
542 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples SS Balcony V's Non Balcony Room

The basic rooms are in C Block which is surrounded by vegetation so a bit dark (I would say - not having stayed in one, but having walked past many times). If it were me, I would just do a one stage upgrade to a Veranda room - these have loads of outside space and (if you are lucky) a great view.

Quebec
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples SS Balcony V's Non Balcony Room

We had a 1bedroom, ocean suite and loved it. My husband could nap in the bedroom undisturbed and I had the sitting room and the HUGE balcony.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples SS Balcony V's Non Balcony Room

everyone has a different view on this and I probably am the odd man out lol. I personally am not sure balconies or room views are all that important. when really you can spend your entire vacation parked on the beach staring at the water or view if you wish. I don't know that I need it from my room. at least not right now when we are budgeted as it is. Maybe I am biased because we do travel on a budget....BUT. I have said many times when given the choice, I will ALWAYS chose more days or more excursions and splurges than i would chose a better room or view. again its all subjective but id rather take the money i could spend on an amazing balcony view and use it towards a longer trip or spa treatment or excursion.

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples SS Balcony V's Non Balcony Room

thank you all for your input, i will have a think about it, but as Rachael said, if i don't have a balcony that money pays for me and my O/H to have a long weekend in Venice in the spring. I may have to go with that and just spend more time on the beach or by the pool ;-)

Again, thank you all.

8. Re: Couples SS Balcony V's Non Balcony Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:17