We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

Level Contributor
49 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

hubby and I are visiting one day, (never been and do not wish to do the typical excursions) want to go to the beach and enjoy sun, swim and read. which beach would you recommend ?? reggae or james bond beach. please consider cab fee and beach entrance fees. we would rent beach chairs. love the Jamaican music and people. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . thanks much

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

Been to reggae Beach year ago now I hear they charge; a funky beach, music and good food!

PEACE!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

@Jennifer, I assume you will be coming on a cruise ship....... You will find Reggae Beach to be closer to Ocho Rios. Beach entrance fee is about $6pp. They also have a bar n grill on the beach. This would be about 15 mins from the ship but should not be crowded. A cab should be about $30 - 40 roundtrip.

Level Contributor
49 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

thanks much .....the beach reads well and the thought of sunning on a warm beach sounds amazing

j

Level Contributor
49 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

thanks....sounds like a plan and right you are ...cruising on a Holland ship for the one day

last question

would we need to reserve a ride and beach chairs ahead ?? last year in st kitts we taxied to a beach and got lucky to get cover and chairs. people arriving just after us got nothing.

thanks so much for the help

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

It is not absolutely necessary to reserve. Once you ship docks, you will want to grab a cab early and head there. There will be cabs just outside the ship yard........

Level Contributor
49 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

thanks much ...probably our experience in st kitts was unusual. this beach looks big ...can't wait !!

happy days

Ocho Rios
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

Reggae Beach is very nice, and closer to Ocho Rios. They do charge, but no need to rent chairs. I suggest you go down to the farthest corner of the beach. The water is clearer there since there are fewer waves.

Even though Dunns River Falls is expensive to get in, the beach there is very nice and most visitors just walk up the falls. There are usually very few people on the beach.

Level Contributor
49 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

reggae beach it is ...just curious, why not rent beach chairs ?? is there some alternative to getting the sun unique to reggae ??

please advise...love trip advisor and do try to pay it forward to others when I'm in the know ..j

California
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

Reggae Beach is wonderful..... beautiful.

We love the beach bar too.

Can't go wrong with this choice.

Enjoy!

Level Contributor
49 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: james bond or reggae beach to sun and swim??

really appreciate the advice ....thanks..j

Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations