We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Excursions?

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter Excursions?

has anyone tried any of the helicopter tours from Ocho Rios?,

cannot find any reviews, just wondering if they are value and maybe worth it to view places from above?

United States
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter Excursions?

For helicopter tours from Ocho Rios see the following

www.jamaicahelicopterservices.com/index.html

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter Excursions?

thank you thevinnie, i have read the link before to Captain Johns island Hoppers and www.jcvtt.com/helicopter-tours#.UulPnRB_uSo. just wondered if anyone on the forum had experience of trying out helicopter trips.

i wouldnt mind doing an excursion with a difference but not sure at the prices they cost if it is worthwhile or not

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter Excursions?

I think it would be kind of cool to see, but not at the prices listed. Not only the price, look at the distance traveled. Most look like you'd be in the air for about 10-15 minutes.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter Excursions?

thanks anod1, i have been in a helicopter years ago and the views were fantastic so i am pondering on this one in jamaica.

it would certainly add to a memorable holiday if we did do the ride

because only 2 of us we would have to pay the full 440USD for the James Bond Jamaica

jamaicahelicopterservices.com/ochorios.htm also advertises 5 and 10 minute tours,

maybe not so many holidaymakers do these rides,

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter Excursions?

For me at least, for $440 for a twenty minute ride, it wouldn't be worth it. That would be almost the cost of another round trip plane ticket. If it were a cheaper excursion, I'd definitely look into it, but at that price I think I'd have to pass.

At one time they had sky diving available in Ocho Rios. I was going to look into that, but they closed up shop before I got to get back on the island.....

Just a thought, why not look into the helicopter for a transfer from the airport to Ocho Rios. It would probably be the same price as the tour, but you are accomplishing two things.

Edited: 29 January 2014, 23:16
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter Excursions?

Thanks again anod1, I did look into airport transfer but it comes in at over 1000 USD! So unless I win the lotto between now and our arrival next week it ain't gonna happen lol

Although I haven't had the pleasure of doing skydiving (yet)I have done a parachute jump from 3500ft a few years back would recommend to anyone! It' was in my case a one off experience!

The helicopter experience would be an adventure for my OH who hasn't shared my experiences!

We are travelling over to Jamaica for 2 weeks so maybe will find out a bit more when we are there regarding helicopters, I know it's an expense but who knows it might be our one and only trip to Jamaica!

7. Re: Helicopter Excursions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:19