We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tree Frogs!

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spring Creek, Nevada
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tree Frogs!

I'm feeling kind of cheeky today I guess, but I have to ask about how everyone feels about the tree frogs? I've seen numerous posts complaining about them. I had to giggle. I really like them, alot actually. I find them very relaxing....Thoughts?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,636 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tree Frogs!

Did you know that at least one resort makes the sound electronically? At least that was a complaint in a review some years ago...They didn't like the sound the resort was making around the grounds at night.....

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tree Frogs!

I love them but we had also heard that they were faked. I've asked at a couple different Sandals resorts and they swear they are real.

Keep the cheekiness coming Suzanne!

Spring Creek, Nevada
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tree Frogs!

I am amused that it would cause someone to post a negative review about a hotel/resort. I think they are wonderful, computer generated or not.

Maryland
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tree Frogs!

I remember the comments about them being electronic. I think the poster said they were intended to keep the bugs and snakes away or some such foolishness. Some comments on here you never forget!

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tree Frogs!

Suzanne: I'm with you! It takes us one night to get used to them 'chirping' but then it's like white noise and soothing...and they might be electronic since we noticed in St. Lucia the frogs would start up around the same time every night. We asked our butler what the noise was, and she said 'crickets'. I was thinking crickets with all these cats around? So there ya go...

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tree Frogs!

I love the Tree Frogs and they are REAL. I even taped them and they make me sleepy. Love the sound. Here is another post on them. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k30011…

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tree Frogs!

I love that sound! Whenever I hear it, I know I'm home! :)

Spring Creek, Nevada
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tree Frogs!

Thank you @lauriek so very much. I'm sitting eating dinner(jerk chicken) and listening to my froggies. Super happy right now.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tree Frogs!

When I heard them for the first time, I had NO idea what the noise was. I actually called our butler to report their was some sort of mechanical issue outside our door. The butler had a great laugh and then explained to me that it was the tree frog. I still smile about them. But I still love falling asleep to their serenade.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tree Frogs!

Nancy: lol!!