We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shade on the beach at Riu Ocho Rios

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
shade on the beach at Riu Ocho Rios

I like to lie on my sun lounger but in the shade of trees on the beach, looking out to sea and relaxing. Can anybody tell me what this is like at the Riu. Is it all the odd palm tree here and there or is there plenty of shade to choose from?

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
611 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shade on the beach at Riu Ocho Rios

No ...there are plenty of palm trees to go around. You may not want to wait until mid morning to "mark your spot" though.

Yakima, Washington
Level Contributor
283 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shade on the beach at Riu Ocho Rios

Not only are there plenty of palm trees for whoever wants to sit tin the shade, they are also very well kept. Be sure to ask a grounds keeper for a coconut to be filled with a smoothie. Never had it before but really adds to the feeling of being on the beach in the tropics.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
47 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shade on the beach at Riu Ocho Rios

So many trees you will be fine. Plenty of shade and sun. May have to move throughout the day as the sunshine moves.

London, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shade on the beach at Riu Ocho Rios

Thanks to you all for your replies.

5. Re: shade on the beach at Riu Ocho Rios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:19