We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

Hi All,

Just looking for personal recommendations for the best way to transfer from the airport to ocho? I'm not opposed to paying a little bit extra to avoid a crowded bus with many stops (though not opposed to a bus, either).

Thx in advance!

United States
Level Contributor
10,819 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

From your question I assume that your hotel is not providing a free transfer and that your tour operator is not providing a free transfer. If this is the case then click on "THE LIST, Drivers, Taxis, and Tour Companies" at the upper right on this screen for a list of people who will provide you with a transfer.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

Strongly recommend Reggae Tours. Have used them many, many times.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147311-d1…

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
611 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

Seriously we hired this fantastic guy his name is GLEN GARWOOD and he can be reached at Jamaican Xplored:

In Mamee Bay Ocho Rios, 1-876-990-4920 or Jamaicaxplored@hotmail(dot)com

or his website is: http://www.jamaicaxplored(dot)com

Although we had a paid transfer with our package we too just wanted to get there! So I found him on the internet, he is licensed and registered and can answer all your questions about Jamaica that you may have on your Journey to the Resort. Also VERY reasonably priced....

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

I use Peat Taylor tours www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com great family business with multiple generations working . this way you can stop where you want if you want. I always hit Scotchies in MoBay asap!! I need my jerk ;)

Iowa
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

Joe Cool Taxi and Tours was awesome! We emailed back and forth before our trip and they were very helpful! They were waiting for us when we got to the airport andhad a cooler of Red Stripe ready. On the way back to the airport after vacation our driver pointed out some history of the island. Would highly recommend!!!

Hazleton...
Level Contributor
228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

I have to recommend JTL. http://www.jamaicatoursltd.com/

We have used them over 10 times and never had a problem. Also, never a wait and not crowded unless you are unlucky. Check it out

Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

can any of you share the price per person for transfer from MoBay airport to couples tower isle/ocho rios? thanks

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,936 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

Agree with cebakes. Reggae is awesome!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
12,995 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

We have used Reggae also and his is very good. Joe Cool is also another great driver.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer from Montego to Ocho - help!

We found http://www.jamaicatoursltd.com to be the cheapest!!! I emailed about 20 different tour companies