We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SGR - Club level question

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
SGR - Club level question

I am debating booking the club level for 150.00 more for stay at SGR (total difference) for the week, is it really worth it?

What I really want to know if this does indeed include the wifi in your room? The website says Wifi included but doesn't specifiy "in room" but if you read further it says Concierge lounge "free wifi". Any stay in a club level and have the Wifi included and not have to pay extra for it?

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SGR - Club level question

Club level does include wifi in your room, and also liquor and beer in your room. You will also have use of concierge services.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SGR - Club level question

It includes room service as well. I haven't been to SGR but I did use the free wifi at SWH and had no trouble connecting anywhere on the resort. They will be your "one stop shop" if you need anything -- restaurant reservation, booking excursions, problems with your room, etc. For only $150 more, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
750 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SGR - Club level question

As mficke and CnJ mentioned, Wi-Fi, room service and the “mini bar” which is actually full size bottles are part of the Club level. Scotch, Vodka, Gin, Rum, beer, wine are included. You can request changes in your preferences when go to “already booked” on the Sandals web site. If you do ask for something not provided there may be a charge for a second bottle.

Also if this is your first Sandals visit they we really help out with even the smallest problems or questions.

The Wi-Fi in standard rooms is about $43 for the week. So now you are looking at only $100. We had Wi-fi in our room and it worked fine. Maybe slower than at home, but not slow enough for me to need to pay for the higher speed. After all it is Jamaica.

We enjoy having the bar in the room so we don’t have to keep running around. Room service is something we enjoy usually just in the morning to get started, but it is nice to have.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,115 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SGR - Club level question

The free wifi really does help to offset the extra cost. So, if you think you will drink lots in your room and use the room service, I'd go for it. Otherwise, I'd probably skip it.

5. Re: SGR - Club level question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:16