We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunns River Falls and Kids

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dunns River Falls and Kids

Hi Trip Advisor family....

Just a quick question we are heading to Jamaica for the first time at the end of June and will be travelling with my family which consist of 4 kids ages 16, 12, 8, and 5... The younger two are also not that strong swimmers.....I am just wondering if the two younger ones will be able to climb the falls??? and if not do they still have to pay to go in and what other options would their be for them there??

Also are there any other places that you would recommend to take younger children who are not really strong swimmers??

Thanks in advance

Deb

1. Re: Dunns River Falls and Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 13:03
Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dunns River Falls and Kids

Be careful of the "crafts" market on the way out. The vendors are very, very aggressive and play the "you are trying to steal it" game on kids.

Let me explain: a vendor with stop a kid and say something like: "I have the perfect bracelet/hat/ring/t-shirt for you" and once on the kid, they wait for the parent to arrive and claim that the kid is try to steal the item and demand a exorbitant price to "free" the child. So do not wander off from your kids. The alternative is to walk down the path to return to the entrance thus by-passing the "craft" market where your transport, anyway, is waiting.

newport, vt
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dunns River Falls and Kids

I climbed the falls with my then 11,9, and 2 seven year olds and they were fine. The guides do a good job of sending you in alternate directions if you are worried. As someone said, it is climbing not swimming, you do not have to go anywhere on the falls that might make the kids feel uncomfortable. My kids loved it and my little ones are not very adventurous.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dunns River Falls and Kids

Thanks everyone for your experiences and comments....That really has put my mind to ease and I have decided that it sounds like something we shouldn't miss doing while in JA..... 4 weeks and counting....

5. Re: Dunns River Falls and Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 06:17