We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

South Shields...
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

Had a good deal on the private butler village poolside room, can anyone give me any info on them

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

What do you want to know? That is the room we always stay in (the old Bougainvillea one). If you're on facebook, on the Fans of Sandals Grande Riviera (Sandals Grande Ocho Rios) page, I have lots of my pictures from my trips. The room pictures are that room because we're always in the same one. They have bedroom, living room, bar area, balcony/patio and a bathroom. They were renovated in 2011, and all of them have a semi private pool.

South Shields...
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

I just wondered if the rooms were nice as I didnt know much about the sandals hotels, I looked it up n found a horrendous review saying the pools were dirty and some rooms awful.

Just wanted to know what this particular room is like, thankyou for your reply.

South Shields...
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

Cant find pics on Facebook. X

South Shields...
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

Would you be able to email me somenpis please?

Julesm01@hotmail.co.uk

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

All of the beginning photos in the Room Categories album are that room. As well as in all the other albums, that is the room. I am the admin of that page, so they are my pictures, and that's where we stay. :)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.292496827465928.62850.179766952072250&type=3

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

I just read the review you are referring to, and clearly they did no research before going. And if they book a villa room, breakfast would have been included, so they are also inaccurate. The pools are clean. You will get leaves and flowers in them throughout the day because the resort is very lush and it just comes with the territory. I've been there 7 times, and I wouldn't keep going back if the resort was dirty, lol!

South Shields...
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

Thankyou so much for reassuring me, the advice and pics much appreciated. X

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
410 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

I agree with BSB - we were just there in May and the pools and rooms are clean and as pictured on the Sandals website. We stayed on the villa side in a one bedroom villa estate suite (?) and loved it.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
7 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

Hey, had the same thing. I do not want to confuse you. Does your accommodation say Butler Village Honeymoon Poolside Villa Room-PV, if so this is not a suite (separate bedroom, living area, bar area. This is just a bedroom, didn’t know they had these in the butler category but they do. Just got back from sandals in St. Lucia and booked SGR for 2015 and was given a good deal on this accommodation. The wording and Pictures of this room category bothered me. The description and 360 virtual on the website were not matching up, so I did a sandals chat with a rep. They told me that the photos and 360’s had not been updated yet. Still not satisfied I called Sandals. They explained that the room code PV indeed meant no living area. This was important to me so I immediately upgraded to a Butler Suite, there is a difference. Don’t want to scare you I’m sure the bedroom is nice if that’s what you want. So make sure you verify your room category.

10. Re: Grande Riviera Ochos Rios rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 15:06