We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Ocho Rios bringing a large group???😉

Locust grove
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Riu Ocho Rios bringing a large group???😉

Hi 😃 I am very excited about our trip but have some questions. We have all booked ocean front from what I am reading one side is adult only with some restaurants only booking for those rooms? How hard is it to get reservations for a group of 13? Will we be limited since we are staying on the family side? Trying to get a clear picture of what I am doing lol took my TA advise on this one. Also we are booked through delta vacations and for the last several years have been going to Mexico (Barcelo maya palace) the transfers were so easy is it the same? I just hope it's all comparable to what we have had in Mexico my family took my TA advise thanks for all your input 😉

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Toscanini Restaurant
££££, Italian, Caribbean, Seafood
Juici-Beef Patties
£, Caribbean, Fast food, Jamaican
Miss T's Kitchen
££ - £££, Caribbean, Healthy, Jamaican
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Ocho Rios bringing a large group???😉

The transfer time will be about 2 hours from MBJ , so longer than to Barcelo Maya complex from CUN.

You will not be able to use restaurants designated for guests in the upgraded section. Unless this RIU is different from most others, you will have to stand in line to make dinner reservations, on the day you want to to do so.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 13:46
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
9,222 Reviews
Jamaica
Locust grove
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Ocho Rios bringing a large group???😉

Thank you 😄 do I have to make reservations everyday? Or can I do it all at once for the week? Which do you guys like best Mexico or Jamaca ? The price was so much better for when we are traveling to Jamaca rather than Mexico that we chose it. I want my group to be as prepared as possible. We had gotten so used to Barcelo but just couldn't swing the airfare this yr. Thanks for all your advice 😉

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Ocho Rios bringing a large group???😉

Cannot say from personal experience as we are not RUI fans. I am sure someone else will be able to assist with specifics.

As for JA versus MX, we go to and enjoy both for different reasons.

For me, the natural beauty, food, music, people and vibe in JA win out over MX. And as a beach and ocean lover, Negril is a long time favorite.

In Mexico, there are several resorts we really enjoy. But as a destination in itself, it lacks the beauty and diversity of JA and is more homogenized experience. We go to MX several times a year due to short flights and bang for the buck.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 14:28
Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Mexico
Mexico
North America
4. Re: Riu Ocho Rios bringing a large group???😉

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 06:15