We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Ocho Rios

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Ocho Rios

Hi,

I am booked to visit RIU Ocho Rios in September. Currently we have a Standard room booked (not in the adults only side).

I understand 2 restaurants are off limits to us... I would like to know if there is anything else we are missing out on as I can't seem to clearly see this information online. Is the pool a decent size in the standard wing of the hotel?

Any advice will be appreciated, thank you!

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Ocho Rios

free wifi

decent pool and pool bar

restaurants bookable from 8am instead of 10am for standard guests

Deluxe is adults only and only Deluxe guests can use this side of the hotel

well worth the upgrade in my opinion,

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Ocho Rios

Thanks for the advice... Is the pool decent in the standard wing aswell?

Thanks

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Ocho Rios

yes the pools are decent on both sides, when we were there in February the standard side pool was very busy.

here is a link to the hotel map, the left side horseshoe is the Deluxe side , the right side horseshoe is the standard side, the block in the middle is the lobby,disco,reception, shops, these are for both deluxe and standard guests to use. www.resortsmaps.com/popup.html…

Deluxe guests get to use both sides of the hotel

Edited: 23 July 2014, 17:01
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Ocho Rios

Hi,

Ok that's great.. thanks for sending me the map too :)

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU Ocho Rios

Lauren here is some info on the Deluxe side http://www.clubhotelriuochorios.com/deluxe/

if you have booked with Thomson/First Choice the Deluxe rooms are ocean view junior suites

not sure what the standard rooms are though

Edited: 23 July 2014, 17:40
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
139 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU Ocho Rios

Hi Lauren,we fly 5 weeks today,we,re staying in the standard side.So excited now.

Yvonne.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
47 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU Ocho Rios

hi, nothing to add, except confirming jeh103's response as to the difference. :)

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RIU Ocho Rios

Hello everyone...

That's great thank you all for confirming the difference in both wings :)

So excited now... counting down the days!!! Yvonne... looks like we will just miss each other, not long now!!

Thanks again everyone.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
484 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RIU Ocho Rios

I definitely book the deluxe side. I stayed here in March. The pool on the standard side can get crowed and busy with children etc. The beach, pool and bar area on the deluxe side is relaxing, quiet and spacious! They even take your drink orders on the beach! I also had a great massage at the beach massage hut. I traveled solo and had a great time. Just be careful of the overly friendly male security guards. Other staff also had no reservations in asking for things i.e. money, gifts and sex!

New York
Level Contributor
390 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RIU Ocho Rios

I know of the Japanese restaurant only being for the upgraded rooms...what's the other restaurant? Haven't been there since 2012 so just curious.