We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

Virginia
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

Hello...

We just booked a trip at the Jewel and leave in 2 weeks. Can any one offer some last minute advice or suggestions on what to bring, where to eat, etc. I am also curious about the transportation from Montego Bay. We have been to couples San Souci 2 times. And they had their own ange and transportation... How does this work? Do I need to pack water shoes? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Beth

Virginia
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

Can anyone explain what happens once you get to the airport in Montego Bay? How do you find the shuttle to the Jewel and is there a waiting area?? I don't know much about this resort so any additionL info you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
747 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

Call the Jewell they will tell you whicjh desk to go to once you get through customs into the reception Hall.

go to the bathroom there. your bags will be carried outside to you to the driver of the bus taking you to the Jewell. You can ALSO walk over and pick up some beers for the road if you like. we had to wait about 30 for the bus to fill up. we dropped off about 6 people and we were prob to the Jewell in about 145 min. That was our only land trip to Ochie. The Jewell was a good choice. If I were to go Back to Ochi and do an AI , we would do the Jewel again. Pack water shoes especially if you plan ON Climbing the falls. Have one of the guys Take you out on hobe boat T THE Jewell, its included. The food is great and so is the staff. The rooms are large and very clean.Take plenty of small bills for tipping

Virginia
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

Thank you so much! All very good things to hear. We are celebrating our 28th anniversary and looking for some R&R sounds like a good place. We have previously visited couples Sans Souci and loved it... But this was just too good of a deal :-) Thanks for the good report.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

I believe you go to desk 18 if my memory is correct. Don't worry there will be so many people there just ask someone for The Jewel. The ladies/men room is just outside the main doors, there is also a small kiosk to grab a cold drink.

You will love JRB. We did not need water shoes but did like having a little float for the water.

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
747 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

Make sure you make reservations for the Japanese restaurant , that is the only one needed I believe to do that. Also that is the only restaurant where you need long pants for him. We were there in July and there was never a crowd. It was very relaxing , no rowdiness.

Virginia
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

Thanks for the tip. Did you just bring and inflatable flu at in your suitcase?

Virginia
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

Inflatable float that is :-)

Orangeville, Ill
Level Contributor
416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

Yes, just bring a inflatable and then we always leave it there.. You will love JDR We are going back in February for our 3rd time. You do not need long pants for the Japenese, but for the formal restaurant by the disco, cant think of the name, your hubby will also need closed toe shoes for that one, the food is great... Have fun....

Virginia
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

Thanks for the tip! I am really getting excited :-)

Jamaica
Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked a trip to Jewel Dunns River Resort... Advice??

Hi ,

Email me at janice.campbell@jewelresorts.com and i will provide you with additional information.

Janice from the Resort