We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Sandals Grande Ocho Rios- Manor House Oceanview

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Topic
Just booked Sandals Grande Ocho Rios- Manor House Oceanview

My first time to Jamaica I am so excited my boyfriend and I will be travelling for my birthday and our anniversary just booked the Manor House Oceanview Room @ Sandals Ocho Rios. Just wondering if anyone has stayed there anf their thoughts on the room.

Thanks!

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked Sandals Grande Ocho Rios- Manor House Oceanview

Hi. We are are regular SGOR vacationers. On our last trip we stayed in the Manor House in the Mountain View Rooms. The rooms are the same as the Ocean-view except for the view . The ocean view rooms have a vista view of the resort going down to the sea and overlook the MH Pool. Wonderful rooms for the price not real upper end rooms but they have been refurbished and have new furnishings with a stocked fridge.

Because they overlook the pool and are very close to the main bar they may be a bit noisy. If you are young and like to party this would not bother you. the Manor House is the place to party and have a good time. We are returning for our fourth time May 2007 and staying in the MH mountain View again we like these rooms so much.

We love this resort and wish May was not so far away.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked Sandals Grande Ocho Rios- Manor House Oceanview

Thank for the brief description of the manor hapuse . I am so exciting being this is my first time to jamaica!

Just a quick question are the rooms big?

I saw on the sandals website that these rooms were newly renovated just wondering if i made the right decision since I really like a nice room.

Thanks

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked Sandals Grande Ocho Rios- Manor House Oceanview

Hi. Just say your reply. The rooms are not large or luxurious they are on the small size but furnished nicely with a good size balcony. They are nicer than other room levels at the resort and not as nice as some but for the money we felt we got what we paid for. The Sandals web site has a good picture of the room on the 360 option. To get a really fabulous room at this resort you would have to go to the Concierge Level. Instead of staying for a week at the upper end we go lower end and stay for two weeks, just our preference. We are not wealty enough to pay concierges prices for two weeks. One thing I will say if you are not happy with your room the resort will always try to accommodate you the best they can.

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked Sandals Grande Ocho Rios- Manor House Oceanview

TwoTravellers, what a great reply! AND, there are huge bonuses staying actually IN the manor house. Breakfast, pools etc all just 2 minutes down stairs. We never noticed any noise.. AND great if you are like me and forget everything and are forever needing to run upstairs. I'd much rather be in the manor house, than in one of the riviera side cottages! Jewels try requesting room 7101 and see what happens..you never know! Just say you,ve been told its a lovely room!

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked Sandals Grande Ocho Rios- Manor House Oceanview

Thanks Sunscot. What a nice compliment.

After reading my reply I should have said we are staying at Sandals Inn for a week and SGOR for our second week not SGOR for two weeks. It is always nice to move around a bit.

We too love the Manor House. We have stayed in the Riviera Building, the Bamboo Grove and on our last trip the Manor House which became our favorite of the three. Can not wait to return.

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked Sandals Grande Ocho Rios- Manor House Oceanview

Hi 2trav..

As u know I too am having a pre vacation stay at the Inn. I read somewhere on another site its due to reopen Jan 7th, I am prob one of the few who really DOES want it to be open and I dont want moved.... I am looking forward to enjoying our "chill" days at the small Inn before we set off for SGOR. I really want to have this experience because if it works for us, then we will always book a few nights there after the flight and journey from scotland. The thought of being five mins from airport, and at a pool within an hour...ah bliss! I have read a lot of really nice things about the Inn so will let you know how it goes when I come back. I am hoping it re-opened for us, it should be by the end of Jan, so crossing my fingers! :)

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked Sandals Grande Ocho Rios- Manor House Oceanview

Sunscot. We do want to be bumped. We are looking forward to our five days at the Inn and another four days at a non All inclusive in Mobay then on to a week at SGOR. Can not wait.

8. Re: Just booked Sandals Grande Ocho Rios- Manor House Oceanview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 20:17