We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I hire a private boat in Ocho Rios?

Southampton
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Can I hire a private boat in Ocho Rios?

Hi, I'm off to The Suset Grande for New Year and want to hire a speedboat /leisure boat or sailing dingy.

Can anyone help with some information please?

I've found companies that charter boats with cpatains but I want to have a boat to myself.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I hire a private boat in Ocho Rios?

I have the perfect person for you. I used him myself and for guests who want a private boat. He has taken Bill Clinton, Robin Williams and a lot more celebs out on his boat. His name is Speedy and his cell is 876 3678342.

London, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I hire a private boat in Ocho Rios?

Sorry, i just realized that you wanted to captain the boat yourself. I will ask around for you but i believe that insurance guidelines may prevent all owners of reputable charter services from renting to you.

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I hire a private boat in Ocho Rios?

cjam, you may have answered a question I just raised? Will he do day out, about a 6 hour private excusrion? Any idea of cost?

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I hire a private boat in Ocho Rios?

Hi sunscott and Travelrog,

I just spoke to Speedy on the phone, he may be able to help you out with a charter for yourself. I suggest that you call him direct or email him : shaltonwhyte@hotmail.com

He is based in Ocho Rios

phone number is in a previous post.

Hope this helps.

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I hire a private boat in Ocho Rios?

Och, you're a star, thank you!!!

Southampton
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I hire a private boat in Ocho Rios?

cheers c jam

Your a star.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I hire a private boat in Ocho Rios?

That's Ok guys, did it work out for you?

8. Re: Can I hire a private boat in Ocho Rios?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 19:16