We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bob marley tours from sgor

south of no north
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
bob marley tours from sgor

i was wondering about how far is nine mile from the sandals grande? i was also wondering if anyone went on this tour and what they thought. we'll be in jamaica for bob's birthday and thought it would be great to se his birth/resting place ON his birthday. any info would be great!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bob marley tours from sgor

Hello evel1; We were there last month, we stayed at the Riu. We took a bus tour,I think it is about 35 miles from Ochi,but if you like Marley it will be worth it. We went through Fern Gulley then up the mountain to Nine Mile. One of the rastas will take you on the tour and tell you of Bobs' life, our guide was "Fish". There is plenty of "wisdom weed' for sale and smoked freely in the compound. I'm sure it will be a special time on his birthday, enjoy the trip

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
245 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bob marley tours from sgor

Hi evel1. I too will be at nine mile on bob's birthday. I took the tour from a cruise ship in Ocho Rios in Sept. Best most relaxing time I have in my life. That's why I am going back. Also I am posting a link to Nine Mile offical web site which you may find interesting. One love. sjones

http://ninemilejamaica.com/nine.php

south of no north
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bob marley tours from sgor

thank you both for responding. i'm a huge bob fan so i think it will be worth the trip. i usually become very lazy on vacation and have a hard time leaving the comfort of the beach or swim up bar but i think i have to take advantage of this good fortune of timing and check it out! thanks also for the link!

Westland, MI
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bob marley tours from sgor

Hey there! Well..what can I say about the Bob tour....I don't really remember much :-) Just kidding. If you don't like to be around ganja..DON'T GO. It is legal on his compound and you WILL be exposed to it. The tour itself is very informative and the drive is about 1 hours from Grande. That is where we stayed. Our tour guide was "Crazy"...We LOVED him. Have a great time..and enjoy!

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bob marley tours from sgor

We missed this trip last time but absolutely plan on it for o7!

Whehever I think of this, it reminds me of a couple on weddingmoon at sgor. They brought both sets of parents, and spent the entire two weeks "babysitting" them. Grooms father was brought out of SDR pool and they had to return him via a wheelchair to SGOR (tooooooooooooo many cocktails!)..BUT..the night that took the biscuit was when they arrived home from the Marley tour..lets just say four 50 somethings spent the day re living their wild child days(quite right!) ... the poor bride... everyone had a good laugh at it all but dont think the new Mr. and Mrs. were too happy LOL!!!!

Westland, MI
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bob marley tours from sgor

Oh Sunscot..that is too funny! We saw an older couple there with us and they were definitely enjoying the entire experience! What an experience it was!!!! Love that Crazy Rasta!

7. Re: bob marley tours from sgor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 01:16