We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temp at night

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Temp at night

Hi......Just wondering if it cools down alot at night. We are headed to Riu Ochos Rios the end of Jan. Any info would be helpfull!!! Thanks

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temp at night

I did some research on this, looking at what to pack. From what I saw, it looks like it goes to the lower 70's at night, maybe a bit cooler. I'm going to take a couple of sweaters along, just in case I need to throw them on. We won't be out late, so it won't be much of an issue for us. I'd love to hear what others have to say about it! Have you visited the weatherunderground.com website? It's kind of fun, they don't have Ocho Rios, but you can do a Trip Planner and type in your dates, and Montego Bay, and they'll show what the weather was like on those dates for the last few years. Very interesting!

Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Temp at night

It was very warm at night, not once did I need a sweater, not even when it was raining!

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
886 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temp at night

Just back today warm wore strappy tops never covered up once.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temp at night

Hi, we just returned from Riu Ocho Rios and never really needed anything more than a t-shirt

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temp at night

Lots of ways to check out the weather there. We go in mid February and my research shows that it us usually above 70 F( or for us Canucks) 20C at night.

Louisville, TN
Level Contributor
70 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temp at night

you can get an hr by hr review of past days at weather.com

enjoy.

NoVa
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Temp at night

I think it is a matter of perspective, you being from Ontario should be fine at night as you will still feel warmer than at home, I just spoke with my friend Alrick who lives in StAnn and he said it has been chilly at night lately, so he is so used to the warmth that he will feel the cold front. So also, if you see that it is snowing and icy in Texas, be sure that Jamaica can feel those cold fronts at times too. it's just that glorious sunshine that keeps it nice. Also, if you get a sunburn in the day, you may be more snsitive to the cold air at night.

Me? I just stay happily oblivious with plenty of Appletons in me to warm me up.

Peace and enjoy

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Temp at night

We were just there Jan 7-14 and I thought it was chilly enough to warrant a light sweater or sleeves at night. Some of the dining and the theatre is outside. It rained some at night which also made it cooler.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Temp at night

We were there from Jan 6-13, and thought is was warm. Never did I need to cover up. Depends on what you are used to. It's -13 degrees fahrenheit today in Montreal. Wish we were there...

10. Re: Temp at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 00:19