We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TOTT computer problems -

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,874 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
TOTT computer problems -

I just received another email from Sienna at TOTT. They have determined that there is definitely a problem sending emails to people that have yahoo accounts. She said the problem isn't limited to just Negril but is on the west side of the island. She requested that when sending an email you use an address other than a yahoo account or give her an alternate email address to respond to.

I think there must be problems other than with just yahoo as I've emailed NBCC and Clives numerous times and have not heard back from them yet. When I finally called they both said they'd replied to me more than once but I never got the emails and I don't have a yahoo account.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know. If you don't get a reply then you might want to call.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TOTT computer problems -

I know this to be not true in all cases (maybe dial up???) as all my friends (who have DSL) can and do send emails anywhere to any place without a problem.

Sounds like CWJamaica is having issues and Sienna, if you are reading this, give Ron a call at least at Easy Rock to see if he can help...he helped John (Johnmaica).

Oh, Flow, where are you? Rumor has it this new company is coming to the island and all things internet and telephone shall then be solved...

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,848 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TOTT computer problems -

Also, an increasing # of my emails, in and out, are winding up in a SPAM folder. Certain words, or a message with a link but not much text, seems to get it in there.

I scan my spam folder every few days before deleting but a lot of providers - maybe Yahoo - don't even deliver those...

Cincinnasti
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TOTT computer problems -

I was down at Siennas and looked at her Mac, the problem appears to be with either her ISP/Mail provider, Anbell, or the routers/server they, and possibly other ISP on the island are going through. Basically it looks like bad server management to me, possibly sloppy Spam blocking on their part or more likely they are being blocked for allowing Spam relays. Anyway best bet is to call for now.

Upstate NY, USA
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TOTT computer problems -

I agree with VUDUTU, they likely have their (the ISPs) mail servers setup to openly relay mail from other servers anywhere on the internet. This is called and Open Relay and Spammers will send mail through an Open Relay. Once a mail server starts sending out a lot of SPAM it is quite possible for the IP Address(s) of the mail server(s) with the Open Relay to get "black listed." Mismanagement as VUDUTU said. Have I lost anyone yet? lol Seamuis

Upstate NY, USA
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TOTT computer problems -

FYI This is completely outside of the users control, it's up to the Internet Service Provider to manage their servers and if they have been black listed get the problem corrected. Seamuis

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TOTT computer problems -

seamuis - i think you need to get to negril asap and look into this problem a little deeper. don't you think???????????

Upstate NY, USA
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TOTT computer problems -

lol.. they would not let me on the plane with a stick big enough to properly correct the problem. Hey rawlus, I booked my flight, 8 months and counting. Unfortunately we arrive the same day you leave. Seamuis

Cincinnasti
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: TOTT computer problems -

Yea, fly us down, give us a couple of weeks I am sure we can figger it out LOL.

Cincinnasti
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: TOTT computer problems -

Yea, Seamuls is right, no stick big enough unless your the new Anbell IT Director LOL. Seamuls Sienna has another problem that hints at how fubar Anbell management might be, she cannot access http://www.jamaicans.com/ from her ISP, I ran a ping and get response but cannot connect with the site.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,848 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TOTT computer problems -

With all the free e-mail providers out there, like gmail, can someone suggest Sienna try one of those?

www.gmail.com