We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon!

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ashland, PA
3 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon!

Me and my fiance have decided to stay in Negril for our honeymoon from Dec 16th - 23rd, 2005. The only problem is that there are so many different resorts and all seem very similar. We are both in our mid-20s and like to have a good time, but don't feel Hedonism is right for us, we're wild but prefer to be clothed...in public anyway. Want a romantic all inclusive, with a nice beach, where we won't be bored out of our minds in the evenings!! Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!!

Troy, Michigan
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon!

bdur76 - We got married and honeymooned at Couples Negril last May and really loved the resort. It has a huge, beautiful beach. As the name implies, they only allow couples and the majority of the people there are getting married, on their honeymoon or celebrating their anniversary, so the atmosphere is very romantic. There wasn't much night life at the resort. They turn the piano bar into a disco a couple nights a week but the resort was pretty quite after 10:30 or so. There are alot of great night clubs in Negril, so you can always take a taxi and find a party elsewhere. We've heard alot of good things about Couples Swept Away, which is a few miles up the road from Couples Negril, but we haven't stayed there yet. Couples.com has a great message board where you can get great information on the resorts.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
386 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon!

We got married last month at the Grand Lido Negril and had a wonderful time - really enjoyed every aspect of it. Couples Negril is next door. We thought the pool was much nicer than at GLN. The crowd there is younger there as well. The beaces are wonderful at both resorts, I think GLN's beach was larger.

Both resorts have a clothing optional beach, so you will see some naked people. Good luck with your planning and have a great trip.