We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Jamaica

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in Jamaica

Hi all. My wife and I are off to the Riu Tropical Bay next week and we're wondering what good trips are available? I have heard of Dunns River Falls but know nothing about it.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
341 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Jamaica

Start here and ask if there seems to be something you are interested in.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k10011…

Talk of the Town Tours offers some great tours.

http://www.talkofthetownnegril.com/

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Jamaica

dunns river is quite a distance... mayfield falls and YS falls would be more reasonable with mayfield being the closest.

i'd suggest you take a look at talkofthetownnegril.com - they have a listing of the most popular attractions and tours in the area... in addition there are watersports-related tours on jetboats up and down the coast, there's canopy tours on ziplines near the falls and river, there's horseback riding on the beach or trails... all sorts of things..

if you're looking for something less touristy, i'd recommend either a day of mountain biking with rusty's adventures or a day spent in little bay chillin out and exploring...

i think the trip to treasure beach and out to pelican bar is unique and interesting enough to warrant consideration...

if you're a marley fan, nine mile is an all-day trip but worth it for fans to his mausoleum/museum through beautiful countryside and far away from the tourism coastline into the heart of JA.

alot of it depends on what you like to do, are you active and adventurous or are you looking to relax and unwind?

personally, our most rewarding days have been spent in the hill surrounding negril hanging with the locals, grabbing a meal, visiting a farm.. and down in little bay doing much the same... and in treasure beach area.. again doing much the same... eating at the local spots, no t-shirt stores in sight, making friends and being welcomed into their lives...

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Jamaica

Spend some time checking out the site linked below, BOSTONMEL has done a great job informing people of Negril and Jamaica. While Dunn's River Falls is a fun place to visit, I would not spend the 3 hours or so each way in a car to get there when there are so many other attractions on the Negril side of the island to check out.

www.negrilinfo.com

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Jamaica

let's try out this link http://negrilinfo.com/index.html

5. Re: Things to do in Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 11:20