We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire In Negril

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire In Negril

Folks

What's the best value for money car hire in Negril. Want to get a 4x4 jeep for 5 days.

Any suggestions would be of great help !

boston
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire In Negril

not quite a jeep but check out island cruisers google it. Cool looking cars.

NYC
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire In Negril

I think a helpful suggestion would be to carefully consider whether you want to be driving on the roads in JA.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire In Negril

island cruisers are about $350 a week or so i think.

you might also check out jus jeep rental on the west end road - Jus Jeep Rental - 876-957-0094

i would ask what you think you need a vehicle for in the first place - do you plan to travel extensively and long distances?

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
407 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire In Negril

I second that you should be careful to consider that. I don't know about in Belfast, but for us from the US, the driving is on the opposite side of the road and driving position. But that's not the worst of it. Seriously, it's like nascar. Fast driving on winding roads, single lane in each direction, people constantly passing, goats all over the place, constant honking, and lots of route taxis stopping suddenly. It's the only time my husband said he was glad he didn't rent a car. The driving there required some learned skills.

Upstate NY, USA
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire In Negril

rags.. you'll be almost at home in Jamaica. Think back roads in County Donegal with lots of pot holes. Most roads are lanes and Lorys are everywhere. They drive just as fast as you do and clearance is tight everywhere. Take a ride first, but I think you'll be fine. Pay attention to flashing lights and the horns, it's the main communication. Seamuis

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire In Negril

Thanks guys. probably will be a home from home. Need to travel to Montego Bay for a Reggae festival and also up to O Rios to see some friends familes and drop off some goodies and of course be given some home cooked food and hospitality.

Ireland is probably not as remote but the roads here although generally even are winding and full of obstacles in the shape of tractors, horse and carts and of course animal's galore. And like anywhere in the world people drive like nutters !

rather be in an air conditioned vehicle thatn public transport. what would a taxi generally cost to those 2 places return. Anyone have any ideas ?

Upstate NY, USA
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire In Negril

rags.. you could e-mail Sienna of Talk of the Town Tours. She could give you a rough idea on cost depending on how long you would like to stay at each location. s_kerr@anbell.net Seamuis

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i11771-Negril_I…

8. Re: Car Hire In Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 06:24