We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anybody help us find our friend?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can anybody help us find our friend?

We wrote about a week ago and got no responses. Hoping better luck this time. Last summer, my husband and I became friends with a guy named Dion whom we met by Negril Gardens, Alfreds-that area. He is a tall, slender, light-skinned man whom we clicked with. We exchanged numbers and he called around Dec. -Jan. We were hoping he'd come for a visit. We called his cell phone and have had no luck. This year, the only person that knew Dion was Famous Vincent-told us that when we were snorkeling with him. He said we wouldn't hear from Dion but didn't elaborate. Kind of cryptic? I really want to know if he's ok and if anyone should know him or come across any info (or Dion himself) please let us know as we are concerned and hope all is ok with him. I'd really appreciate any info anybody has to offer.

Thanks so much,

Donna and Toddd

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,811 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anybody help us find our friend?

I don't have any info to offer but wondered if you'd contacted Negril Gardens. Perhaps they have some info or might know how to get in touch with him.

USA
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anybody help us find our friend?

Not so cryptic, as it's probably true, maybe he left the Negril area or

got into some trouble and is "away", hopefully that's all it is.

I would take what Vincent said at face value.

Paradise
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anybody help us find our friend?

I just got finished posting on another post about someone looking for their friend. It is a real sad topic for me. I hope you find your friend. I am getting ready for a trip that I will NOT see a friend of mine. I am going to meet his Mom and his Dad, then they will take me to visit his grave. I hope that is not what was meant by that persons comment. Do not ever take for granted that as long as you return they will always be there. My daughter is making a collage for his Mom with pics of him and us. I want to let them know that they raised a good person and how well he treated us. Remember life is too short. I know my time there will Never be the same.

Safe Travels love and happiness

nyc
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anybody help us find our friend?

Thanks so very much for answering. Yes, I'm hoping that what Vincent meant is that he is off island or even "away". Jamaicamecrazi, I am sooooo sorry for your loss. It really made me sad to read about your friend and his passing. You are too right, life is too short and precious and I send my love, blessings and sympathy to you and your friends' family.

God Bless You All

Paradise
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anybody help us find our friend?

Thanks so very much......

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anybody help us find our friend?

Stumbled into this thread while doing a search for Famous Vincent.

Jamaicamecrazi , I just want to add my condolences. So sorry for your loss :-(

Naomi

Paradise
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anybody help us find our friend?

Thank you so very much Naomi.....

Safe Travels love and happiness

8. Re: Can anybody help us find our friend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 08:16