We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best for kids

calgary
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
best for kids

hello all. after spending the past 3 april's in jamaica with my husband, we are planning to take the kids this year. i'm looking for your recommendations. we would like an all inclusive. thanks for your help!

Barre, Vermont
Level Contributor
853 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best for kids

Hi trachil,

It may depend upon the ages of your kids.

My two teenagers (13 and 15) went with us to Beaches Sandy Bay in Negril last year. They were not overly impressed, although people with young children had an easier time impressing their youngsters with the Sesame St and daycare people.

My son would spend time in the XBox room, but other than lying on the beach or using the Hobie Cat, there was not much else to do. The pool was really too small and crowded. We walked twice to Beaches Negril to use the two water slides and the much nicer pool. They enjoyed the Lazy River, but we felt although the beach was bigger, it was not as nice as BSB.

So it depends what you are looking for. The kids found plenty to eat at both places and although we were not impressed by the rooms - we knew we would be on the beach most of the time.

I am sure others will chime in on different experiences.

Bill

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
937 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best for kids

We just got back from SJG Ocho Rios.Aug.6-11.Our kid turned 4 & 6 while we were there.We ALL had a time of our lives there,plenty of activities for all of us to do together!There the best!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
988 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best for kids

There are also the FDR properties (Pebbles and FDR) and Starfish. If you double click on my name you can see some of the postes I've written about both. Neighter are as high end (or expensive as Beaches) but both are very family friendly. FDR has vacation nannies and would probably be better if your kids are younger. Starfish is bigger and has lots of activities for kids.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best for kids

Beaches if your budget permits.

Starfish or Sunset Beach for a more moderately priced a/i family oriented vacation.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
715 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best for kids

I didnt find Beaches Bosc so pricey. Im leaving from NJ, 27th -1st and i only paid 4k for 2 adults 3 children.

Either i was lucky, or Im stupid.

I also didnt know there were all these other places to choose from...thanks to my wonderful travel agent (NOT)

6. Re: best for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 15:19