We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

I was just wondering when the best time to buy airfare for a trip In late Nov 07? I will be departing from DFW INTL. I check the prices just about every day and they seem to stay around the same rate, around $400-450 per passenger round trip. I have been told to buy now, and I have been told to wait till Oct to buy. What do you guys think. Thanks for all the help :)

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

I'm booked for mid-November already...but I'm using frequent flyer miles and recently American has limited their seats. I'm seeing great fares right now from the San Francisco Bay Area and the Portland OR area now...the closer in you get you do run the chance of increases.

I am no longer aware of what it costs to fly from the east to Jamaica - it used to be far less than $400 from DFW! Recently though the deals seem to be happening for us in the west...I suggest you book now.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

LOL, I just booked our airfare from JFK and we're not going 'til July '08. Can you tell it's our first trip to JA, we're not toooo excited ;-)

Naomi :-)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

I purchased in May for end of September (from San Diego), and the price has since decreased by about $125. The good news is that NW is giving me back the difference (less processing fee) in a credit voucher. (We're on NW because we had miles for 2 of the 3 tickets). You may want to see if your carrier (assuming AA) will do the same if there is a decrease later.

Seems to me that about 2 months prior to travel is when it may decrease, but then you run the chance that it could sell out, or get close to selling out and increase. (I am the Travel Mgr for my company, and spend LOTS of time looking at airfares and comparing them. Sometimes you luck out and sometimes you don't...)

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

go to www.airfarewatchdog.com (tip from this website) and you can find some great airfare rates on there. and sign up so they em you the rates from your airport daily. i wish we would have known about this site before we bought our tickets. we could have saved alot!

also like www.kayak.com

Avon Park
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

I booked our late Nov tickets about 3 weeks ago thru AirJamaica. I have been scanning the net looking at prices for a while. I got my best deal online with AJ for a huge savings. We fly direct into MB for $246/pp as opposed to the $477/pp we paid last year buying early.

shag

East Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

I checked Air Jamaica and they don't fly out of DFW :( I did sign up for the airfare watch dog though. Hopefully I will run across some good deals soon. Thanks for the help :)

boston
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

I would consider buying soon. I am just bought 2 weeks ago for my Nov 9th trip. Rate were in the low $300's for the longest time from Boston and I never booked. Then when I went to book it had moved up to $370. I would think that prices would not be moving lower anytime soon for that time of year.

Avon Park
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

TBONE,

Sorry that you cannot catch that great fare, but try looking daily, especially on Wednesdays when they post newer rates to look at prices. I checked all the sites that are listed through TA as far as flights and anywhere else I could get compared pricing. The effort paid off so maybe you'll score too!

shag

San Diego...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

Check Expedia -- Not sure of your travel dates, but I just checked some dates end of Nov, and they are running less than AA.com (oddly). $303 for the below right now (AA has the same itinerary for $475)...

10:35 am Depart Dallas (DFW)

Arrive Montego Bay (MBJ) 3:05 pm Fri 30-Nov

Duration: 3hr 30mn American Airlines 1232

Nonstop flight

4:20 pm Depart Montego Bay (MBJ)

Arrive Dallas (DFW) 7:25 pm Fri 7-Dec

Duration: 4hr 5mn American Airlines 1233

Nonstop flight

Also AA will price match (same day only) if you have the screen shots to prove the lower fare, and would give a $50 voucher as well (Lowest Fare Guarantee). I have used this before and it worked.

https:/…guarantee.jsp

Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Time To Buy Airfare For A Trip In Late Nov 07

Tbone...also check days near when you want to leave. Type in the day before and the day after if you can. Each year we leave on Tuesday and come back the next Thursday but I always look to see if I can save by leaving a day early and/or coming back a day later. Last year we saved $80 per person by coming back a day later(Friday instead of Thursday). I also start looking in January! You can still find deals but keep a spreadsheet, you'll see how the prices do fluctuate. Also I delete my cookies often when I am looking. I may be nuts but I really do think that helps you see lower prices you may not otherwise see if you'be been to that website before.