We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rockhouse - what day of the week?

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Rockhouse - what day of the week?

We'll be arriving on a Friday and staying for a week.

I want to make a reservation for a romantic dinner at Rockhouse.

Should we avoid the weekend? Is there a night of the week that would be recommended for the best quality and service?

Thanks!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rockhouse - what day of the week?

It is slow season. You should be good any night of the week. I seem to notice when in Negril, weekends aren't like back home. People come fly and leave all different days of the week - so I don't ever really seem to notice a weekend or not. Maybe more for the local venues like the Jungle more popular on weekends, but don't notice too much difference at the resorts.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rockhouse - what day of the week?

the only time i've noticed a weekend is when trying to get into our out of sangster. lines, customs, immigration and baggage are all much less crowded and generally move faster on weekdays.... :)

for a romantic dinner at rockhouse - look into the private table out on the point instead of the standard tables in the restaurant. that should also guarantee better than average service in the bargain.

keep in mind, "soon come" and "island time" are in play everywhere in JA - don't expect to sit down, order, eat and depart in the span of an hour like you can almost anywhere in the US. plan to stay awhile - take your time eating - enjoy the break between courses - have some drinks and conversation... expectations of timeliness or promptness must be adjusted for island time or you'll end up disappointed. you are not being disrespected if service takes awhile - it takes awhile for everyone all the time. that's island time. :) enjoy your trip!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rockhouse - what day of the week?

any day at this time of year. I've always had superb service regardless of which night. Enjoy

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rockhouse - what day of the week?

It sounds really nice. How do you make reservations?

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rockhouse - what day of the week?

I am going to email the resort at info@rockhousehotel.com

Thank you all!

6. Re: Rockhouse - what day of the week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 04:19