We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hide awhile location?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
215 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hide awhile location?

Has anybody stayed at the new Hide Awhile villas yet? I was wondering if there is anything around them. I am interesting in staying there but there seems to be nothing even remotely close. Are there any restaurants nearby?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hide awhile location?

I think Hide Awhile is part of Idle Awhile and is located at the far end of West End Rd. It seems to me that it's not within walking distance of any restaurants, but I could be wrong!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hide awhile location?

there are restaurants and eating establishments in the area - out of town pastry, no name, sands bar, sexy rexy's, culture yard, ltu pub, etc. are all in the general area within 1K or so. this is rastagirl's area of expertise so she can probably speak more to it than i.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hide awhile location?

check the negril map at http://talkofthetownnegril.com/maps.htm

for more info.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,387 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hide awhile location?

Rawlus pretty much has it right - Hide Awhile is located in what is referred to as "deep west end" - past the lighthouse, not sure of actual distances - but it's past where West End Road curves southerly again and heads out towards Orange Hill...for landmarks, it's between Out of Town Pastry and Jackie's on the Reef.

It's a bit remote out there - LTU would be about a 20 minute walk. They are all villas though so I think it's AI, comes with cook? It's meant to be remote and private so if you are looking for "action" this probably would not be the place for you. (Though I hear the villas are INCREDIBLE and EXPENSIVE).

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hide awhile location?

the villas are 2 bedroom, 2 bath - there's a chef on property - in-season rates are in the $300's. i'd like to check the place out when we're there in a few weeks - i'll let everyone know what i find out. :)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
215 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hide awhile location?

thanks everybody, I look foward to hearing back from you rawlus, have a great trip.

7. Re: hide awhile location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 00:20