We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Goers....Already Here!

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CA
Level Contributor
32 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
November Goers....Already Here!

The time has come, only two more sleeps. The suitcase sits just about ready while my mind is racing with last minute details... do I have everything I need? Is it going to be everything everyone says it's going to be? What sort of experiences am I in for? What's the weather going to be like for me? I will surely report back with a full trip report. Cheers....Happy Halloween to all :)

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November Goers....Already Here!

Next week at this time I will be in a pool with a swim up bar, sipping on dirty bananas.

Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: November Goers....Already Here!

Nor-cal chic took awhile to get here didn't it? We leave Monday night!!! Smiles are all over the wifes face the last few days! Looking forward to seeing friends from last year!

new jersey
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: November Goers....Already Here!

Everything is packed and in the auto. Take off at 7:30 AM

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November Goers....Already Here!

I fly November 21st but as of today Jamaica is still here - my yardies leave on Tuesday and I follow just weeks later. I have mixed feelings - still so much to do, so many people to see - getting all the ducks in a row for a 2 month sojourn I do not get a day off until I get on that plane in San Francisco at 10:00pm...

...and while the "pile" has started and the myriad of boxes have been arriving for the past 2 weeks the actual packing will not take place till the night of the 20th/morning of the 21st...I'm a professional traveler and that's just the way I do things - but I'm already eyeing the closet...the party outfits to take (or not), the new sundress with the tag still on - so while the suitcase isn't out the mind is still working overtime -

Hard drives are getting prepared - one with work I'll need with me to keep up with from home - one with downloaded videos and TV shows should the move strike me to "veg out in front of the tube" (The tube being a lap top) - and one with our music.

Sitting in the pile are all the new housewares I'm bringing down for my new house - as well as "discarded" items from my renovated kitchen that will find their new home in Negril. Also in the pile sits a larger stack of books than usual - my reading list is ambitious and we'll see what I get thorugh in the end.

It's Halloween and the entire 5 trick or treaters we get have been steadily picking through the "toys" we pick up during the course of the work we do - remainders come down with us to JA to be handed out at the Out of Town Pastry annual Christmas Party for the Negril kids in December.

So while the eye is on the prize the head is in the present - long days and hours of preparation and relentless work until we plop ourselves on that plane. Then it's the big AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Long Branch, New...
Level Contributor
501 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November Goers....Already Here!

Yeahhhh I get in on Saturday Nite.....leave some stripes for me!!!

6. Re: November Goers....Already Here!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 05:26