We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

San Diego
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

Okay, it's time to open this thread. I have been so busy at work I have been negligent in being excited about my next trip to Negril.

This will be my 3rd trip to Negril. I am a family man with two adult children (21 and 18) and a 9 year old daughter. We have stayed at Riu Tropical Bay twice and this trip will be split between RTB and Coco La Palms; 8 nights in mid March.

One of the great things about vacationing in Negril is dining at the local establishments. I have ventured out on both vacations beyond the AI and am excited about dining out for dinner the three nights we are staying at Coco La Palms. I already have my tentative list; Cosmos, 3 Dives and LTU. We had dinner at 3 Dives on our last trip and loved it!

We will then move on to our comfort zone of RTB and the most beautiful beach on Bloody Bay. We have found RTB a perfect destination for our family.

We are planning our third excursion with talk of the Town Tours to visit YS Falls for a second time as well as doing the dolphin search and a stop at the Pelican Bar.

I initiated this thread to talk with all of you about your vacation to Negril in March. We can all get EXCITED together and who knows, maybe meet somewhere as a group to share an adult beverage.

Let the excitement and countdown begin!!

San Diego
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

Those of you visiting Negril in March let everyone know where you are staying and if you plan on venturing out to eat and / or do any excursions.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
505 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

We are a family of four, with two teens, staying at Negril gardens March26 - April 5.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
746 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

This is our third trip to jamacia we are staying from the 2nd march for two weeks cant wait 110 sleeps

Level Contributor
69 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

Staying at Coco LaPalm March 15-22. We have two teens, 17 daughter and 13 son. (My husband and my 2nd trip to Jamaica) We are also traveling with another couple who have two elementary age kids. (Their 2nd trip as well) Possibly a third family with two adult college age kids. Looking forward to fun, fun, fun. Because Coco is not AI, we'll be basing our eating out decisions on what we read from tripadvisor and word of mouth. Not picky people...we will be there for the RELAXATION and FUN of vacation and being with friends........can life get any better? yeah!!

San Diego
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

Wisconsinlady,

We will be at CoCo La Palms at the same time, March 15 - 18 before moving on to Riu Tropical Bay for six nights.

I hear there is a great jerk chicken establishment (Best of the West?) across the street from CoCo. A definite try for lunch and munchies!

We plan on eating at Cosmos, 3 Dives and LTU the three nights we are at CoCo.

Sounds like our children are similar ages. Can't wait!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

1st timer staying at The Beaches Negril. My wife and I, along with two boys (14yrs).

Lower Gwynedd...
Level Contributor
69 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

My wife and I will be staying at the Rockhouse in mid-march (premium villa) for our 25th wedding anniversary. First time in Jamaica; can't wait.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

pulled the trigger last night, Feb.29-Mar. 9 at country country. This will be our 8th trip, first time in years on the beach as we will be traveling with our young daughter. 108 days and counting.......

South Carolina
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

The wife and I will be at CSA 3/1 - 3/8. Plan is to do a couple of excursions and spend at least one afternoon/evening on the cliffs. Otherwise it will be sand and sea Couples style.

MARYLAND
Level Contributor
538 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Official Roll Call for March 2008 - Negril

We are a family of 2 old retired people...62 & 58 and will be at White Sands from Jan 4 till March 26...This is our 10th year at WS so what can I say; I guess we like it there.....FYI: They have a different 2 for drink special everyday with Thursday being Mudslide Day!