We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

BOS
3 posts
Save Topic
Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

I'm considering these two places for a vacation with me, 3 of my friends, my sister and my mom (me/my friends are 17, sister is 19) any advice/suggestions/comments?

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,192 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

The seaside part of Villas sur Mer is gutted and being renovated. They're planning to rent it as one unit (~$1200+ per day). We stayed there previously and liked it, though it was a little pricey even then at ~$750/nite for the (at that time) 4 units in the building. You can get info at onestopeva.com.

Enjoy!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

i don't think the location of Llantrissant is particularly appealing or attractive myself. it's not on long bay, it's not really on the cliffs. it's in the middle of a little commercial zone on a part of the coast that i don't think is very appealing aesthetically or practically.

if you're looking for rentals for a large group - i think you can do better at a place like moondance or perhaps even tensing pen which has some villas with multiple bedrooms and such.

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

Rhondal Village, White Sands, Sea Grapes villas and Crystal Waters Villas should all be considered as well.. and the above posts are very correct... I love Villa Sur Mer but it's gutted now.. I'm sure it will be absolutely gorgeous and $$$ when completed..

If you have no price range then check out Negril Beach Villa owned by superclubs..

Go to the villa section of www.negrilinfo.com and look around.. There are so many to choose from.

Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
White Sands Negril
White Sands Negril
955 Reviews
Jamaica
Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

you also may want to look into the Beach House Villas

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,681 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

I've been to the "old" VSM and I've toured L'Antrissant.

As mentioned, the seaside units for VSM are gone - they have garden side units that I believe are done and I hear are very nice but I haven't seen them yet (I'm in Negril now and will be for the next couple of months so I might swing by to take a look).

I've been to L'antrissaant and I have to disagree somewhat about what Rawlus said - the location is a tad funky but it is walking distance to town as well as to some nice spots further west end (It is considered a cliff property) The house is huge, light an airy. I think there are quite a few bedrooms in the house plus a "cottage". It has a tennis court, private beach - no pool that I can recall and comes fully staffed. It's got a price tag so you better check with Mom - during season I think it runs about $5,000-$6,000/week.

I wouldn't recommend L'antrissant for you and your sister - as teens it might be a little boring for you. You might want to be in a place where there's more activity for people your age. The beach recommendations here are good ones - I'd also check out VSM's cottages.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,412 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

I've had friends stay at Llanstrissant twice and I've had dinner there and hung out some both times. I like it very much for a group that wants the private villa experience in Negril - full staff, pro-cooked meals, privacy, tennis, private beach, I think there are a couple of little sailboats for guest use. The house is lovely and old-school, not air conditioned but built to catch breezes. The land is something like two acres with tennis courts and lawns and it is all private. The food I had there was delicious.

You make your own entertainment there, or you go out (driver can be arranged through the staff or just get a taxi outside the gate).

The location is good for going out or shopping on foot. the private beach is so-so, maybe better for snorkeling than for wading barefoot in the water.

BOS
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

very useful info, thanks for the advice guys!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,192 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

VSM's cottages (rooms actually I think?) are in the $150-200/nite range - quite pricey for rooms across the street from the water. Onestopva.com has details and the prices if you're interested. The LTU also has nice basic, rather large hotel-like rooms across from the sea in the $50-70 range.

Chris

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

The VSM cottages are upwards of $300 a night and VSM itself is not $1200+ per night and you cannot rent individual rooms anymore.

I was shocked.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone stayed in Llantrissant or villas sur mer before?

Ooops..."now" not "not" (??).

:)

The VSM main house is NOW $1200+ per night.