We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Negril

Scotland
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches Negril

Off to Beaches Negril in January for 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me what fitness classes they do. Reckon with all inclusive I am going to have to do something......

Getting really really excited now and can't wait to go..... There will be my husband, daughter (who will turn 8 whilst we are out there) and myself.

Many thanks

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Negril

We were there this past August and are going back next August. I didn't do any classes. However, I did walk by it from time to time! LOL

The classes did seem to change from day to day. There were some with the fitness balls and some aerobics ones. I do remember there being some power walking classes and there was pool aerobics every morning. I believe there was also some weights ones. Some were early in the morning and other later in the evenings. Daytimes can be hot!

Besides the classes, you can do lots of swimming and walking on the beaches.

If you want to know more, let me know!

Scotland
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Negril

Thank you very much. I was just hoping to do some sort of exercise classes whilst I was away. We are off in January.

Really really looking forward to going out.

Think I will try to do as many as I can. I know they done power walking and aqua aerobocs at Sandals Antigua but I have never been to a Beaches resort.

Would you consider going to another Beaches resort and/or going back to Negril?

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Negril

We are going back to BN but I would love to go to We are back at BN because of the Blue Chip gurantee. We enjoyed ourselves and I don't mind going back. The staff were very nice and we were happy to be able to have "us" time while DS was with the nannies.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches Negril

Go to T&C (not sure what happened to the post!)

Scotland
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches Negril

I had originally looked at T&C but the flight was a lot longer and since it is the first long haul with our daughter I thought we would try Jamiaca first. We have upgraded our flight out to Jamaica, and the only flight from the UK direct was with BA and I just don't like British Airways normal travel and to upgrade for the 3 of us was quite a lot more money. Overall, it was working out between £2000 and £3000 extra.

I still fancy T&C, and if I am lucky, I might get to go there for my 40th which is 4 years away.... (saving up for it).

Is there much difference between Beaches Negril & Beaches T&C?

indiana
Level Contributor
133 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches Negril

the waters in turks and caicos are very very amazing on some areas (beaches resort) u can walk out and immediately find starfish, turtles, conch shells,etc.....a little 5 minute walk their is a protected reef which u can swim around it is really cool...... the water is so clear i could easily see 60 or more feet down. some people say they can see a lot further but my eyes are bad,

any ?s let me know i was their last year

dburtonjr@comcast.ne...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches Negril

The exercises classes are wonderful something different everyday he is a great instructor walks on the beach and on the road. Good aerobic classes too. Usually all of them are in morning I beleive around 9. I can not remember the gentlemans name but he is very nice. My son was 10 when we first took him and my daughter was 4 mths old hint I took 4 walkie talkies with me so we could get in touch with my son at anytime. We hardly ever saw him there is xbox waterslide, lazy river and golf. This place is amazing. Dorette takes care of our daughter she is wonderful. When do you go in January we will be there the 18th. We also took mugs with lids so that we did not have to go get drinks that often. Have a great time and if you will be there the week of Jan 18 let me know.

Scotland
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches Negril

Thanks... sounds great.

Can't wait to go.

I am seriously thinking of taking my keep fit stuff with me, and make full use of the keep fit classes and gym. Is it just aerobics or do they do pilates/yoga?

We have been to Sandals before but never a beaches resort. Is there much difference?

dburtonjr@comcast.ne...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches Negril

I just did aerobic classes they do have water aerobic to. He is a very nice guy so if you asked him to do pilates or yoga if it is not on the schedule I'm sure he would. The power walk on the beach was great. He also does one on the road but i was burnt so i did not do it. Suncreen is a must. Beaches is a kids resorts but I love the lazy river and slides to and there is alot of entertainment there probally due to the kids. You will not get bored. It is a wonderful place especially the kids camp and definitely you will get a good workout

10. Re: Beaches Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 08:16