We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

Hello, Which hotels between Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals are more newed or renovated? And the beach which one have nicest beach?

Thank you

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

Bonjour Mandarine,

Entre toi et moi, ca me surprendra pas si tu vas avoir plein de "chicanne" dans cet poste, mais je te dis tout de suite... j'ai moi meme de l'experience recent avec les trois et il y a aucun dout que le Grand Lido est fortement meilleure. Toute renove recennement et le seul avec deux plages separe qui donne beaucoup plus d'espace est beaucoup plus privee.

Il n'y a pas de meilleur.

Mes souhaites a vous.

Steve

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
426 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

Have not been to any of them but we are going to Couples Negril in April.

Mentioned in this post
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,519 Reviews
Jamaica
Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

Mandarine,

As usual, Steve's post is right on! We booked Lido Braco through Steve last April and had a blast (I don't know if I can say this, but Steve got us a great rate too)! We've also stayed with Couples Negril and Sans Souci (before it was a couples property) but never Sandals as I've heard numerous times that it's not nearly as much vacation for the $$. I've always been a huge Couples fan, but I have to admit, Lido was great...we're really "foodies" and that's one of the areas where the Lidos really stand out...Great selection of restaurants, 24 hour room service, etc. If I were to book a high end all inclusive vacation in Jamaica today, it would be Lido Negril hands down. (nothing against Braco, I've just had a hankerin' to get back to Negril) If you're a beach person, go to Negril...a pool person (or a golfer) go to Braco.

The thing is, you really can't go wrong with any of these resorts...go to Jamaica, get off the resort at least a little and have a blast!!

Mentioned in this post
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,519 Reviews
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

lol deadheads....glad you could read Steve's post!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

Grand Lido Negril.

If you want to send me a PM with your e-mail, I would be happy to send you a few photos of the "basic" oceanview junior suite.

And they have a great beach too!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
nj
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

GLB is my choice. Been to both the GLN & GLB and, as a foodie, did not discern any difference. The pool at the au natural GLB blows away GLN. I was much more satisfied with my glb experiences than with GLN.

Level Contributor
641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

mandarine37 - asking one persons view on their favourite may be based on their personal taste which may differ from yours.

Tripadvisor lists the top resorts on the left of this page and is an indication on guest satisfaction levels.

I would suggest that you read a number of letters on tripadvisor and see if these resorts fit your personalities and budget.

Go to the following sites you will see readers polls that list the top resorts in Jamaica.

Travel and leisure magazine poll Nov 2007

travelandleisure.com/tl500/2007/region/carib…

also

Conde nast travel "Gold List" Jan 07

concierge.com/bestof/…

Enjoy Jamaica

I am

Gary Stephens

Vice President

Couples Resorts

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

Gary put it pretty well..

Everybody has different tastes.. My suggestion to you would be to really consider what you want out of your vacation before you decide on a resort.. Go to the different resorts websites and look at sample menus to see if the gastro fare abides to your tastes or likings.. What do you want to see or do? How far is it from the resort you wish to stay? Those would be large factors in where you decide to stay..Couples has Pepsi and Sandals has Coke I don't drink Coffee so a little thing like how i get my caffeine was important to me.. No matter which AI you choose, being on Jamrock, there is no place like it.. I won't say one resort is better than another, each resort is different even with in the same chain. Each has it's own personallity..

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

I enjoy bith GLN and CSA for different reasons. I prefer the food at GLN and the complimentary laundry service is very nice as well as the extensive room service options.

CSA has a wonderful pool (have not been there since the expansion) and is very lush and tropical. The fitness options are extensive and the verandahs on some of the rooms are large and private. I also ike the piano bar more than at GLN.

Sandals I would not recommend as IME is does not compare well to either the Lido resorts or Couples.

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples, Grand Lido or Sandals

I enjoy Sandals Whitehouse tremendously. I do not hesitate in recommending it as a possible choice. As for the Couples resorts, my preference would be Swept Away, and for GL's, my preference would be GLN which I will be staying at this coming July.