We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

nyc
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

Hi All,

PLEASE do not bite my head off for this, as I also believe that some places should be adult only. However, hahaha, I am totally in love with RH and would like to plan an anniversary dinner(party) there next August- yes, slow season, so maybe you all will cut me a little slack. Problem is, the kids went w/us for a day trip to CAFS-which we also love and we would like to bring them along on our next trip. If family members come, they might be interested in bringing their kids. The ages are all over the place. Don't know how many friends and family would actually make the trip, but I noticed that their policy of no children under 12 is not mentioned on their website any longer. Anyone know if their policy has changed?

Thanks for any responses.

Zimbali's Mountain Cooking Studio
££££, Caribbean, Jamaican, International
Blue Mahoe Restaurant at The Spa Retreat
££ - £££, Caribbean, Seafood, Jamaican
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

Geeez I hope their policy hasn't changed. They certainly don't need the increased business in allowing families to stay there since they are usually at capacity already. It would definitely change the peaceful atmosphere Rockhouse is famous for.

Just as an FYI, negrilonestop.com still has the age restriction posted on their web site and they keep up to speed with the goings on at all resorts they work with.

Mentioned in this post
Rockhouse Hotel
Rockhouse Hotel
1,154 Reviews
Jamaica
cretan in...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

Hello..... CLIFFS.....I am the father of three (8-13), all very good competitive swimmers, I don't think I would fell comfy knowing that one lapse in judgement could cause a fall. We did Pirates Cave last year and was fine for a visit but several days on the cliffs would make me worry for their safety. It's not just a piece and quiet issue...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

"I also believe that some places should be adult only. "

Yep, the Cliffs are one of them....don't think it's a great idea, regardless of their policy.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

This may be a time to think of others first. I know that if I were planning to go to RH and expected a romantic getaway at a pretty pricey cost - I would be pretty upset to be lying by the pool with little ones running, splashing and going on about. Not biting your head off. But some people save for years to go on trips like this to enjoy special occasions - and I would have to believe that the majority of the guests there would not appreciate the little ones. Stick with the beach - where you can lay in the sand and they can play in the sand. Maybe a vist for lunch would be o.k.

Montreal, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

I agree with the other posters. I have not stayed at RH but we did have dinner there last year and I know I wouldn't appreciate kids running around while trying to have a romantic dinner. I have 2 of my own and I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable taking them there-the cliffs are just too dangerous.

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

Rockhouse is definitely no place for small children - having stayed there three times, you would literally have to have an eye on the little ones nonstop to avoid major catastrophes!

Mentioned in this post
Rockhouse Hotel
Rockhouse Hotel
1,154 Reviews
Jamaica
CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

I REALLY hope they don't change their policy. There are lots of places to take kids in Ja. Rockhouse IMO isn't one of them. IRIE

Mentioned in this post
Rockhouse Hotel
Rockhouse Hotel
1,154 Reviews
Jamaica
Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

Excuse my ignorance. What is so special/different about the Rockhouse that parents who feel confident about their kids abilty to "listen" shouldn't be. I wouldn't want to take it off my list prematurely.

Pauline

Mentioned in this post
Rockhouse Hotel
Rockhouse Hotel
1,154 Reviews
Jamaica
CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

The majority of the people agree that the cliffs are not for children. Most responsible resorts have this policy. Nuff said.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
341 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rockhouse changing policy about kids????

Same here....having stayed a numerous cliff resports, it is not the place for children from a safety standpoint and from the standpoint that I do not really want them around me during my down time...I love my Grand kids but don't want them on my vacation.

Sorry but for what I pay, I think I am entitled to no kids if it so indicates. I have already booked May, July and November and I expect the policies to be followed