We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants?

Buffalo
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants?

We will be staying at Rockhouse which we know has great food. We like to venture out though and try new spots . Any suggestions for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner on the cliffs? Is Hungry Lion still as good as it has been? Thanks.

Mark and Cin

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants?

Jus Natural, Sips n Bites, Xtabi, 3 Dives, LTU pub.. Check out the map on Negrilinfo.com to get a better idea of whats around.. Haven't been to Hungry Lion as I always hate to tear myself away from the cliff side.

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants?

Choices for breakfast :)

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants?

we hit hungry lion in nov and it was as good as always.

mels other suggestions also apply.

something new to try for lunch is the sandwich hut (formerly mushroom hut) up near rick's on the garden side of the road. they make great burrito-sized patties.

breakfast at sips&bites or just natural.

dinner at LTU pub, hungry lion, 3 dives, pirate's cave...

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants?

Add Serious Chicken for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It's up the road towards Tensing Pen.

So. Wisconsin
Level Contributor
665 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants?

Recommend trying Sips N Bites, Just Natural, Pee Wees, or Jenny's for breakfast. Have tried each and all were good! Jenny's had a killer lobster omelet, and Pee Wee's had an awesome Eggs Benedict dish!

Always a good idea to stop by Sea Star for lunch or dinner any time, and Serious Chicken has become one of our favorite places for dinner, even ate there by candlelight last trip while the westend power was out!

So many good places on the cliffs…

Cheers, DJnTAM

Saginaw, Michigan
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants?

Have to agree on Serious Chicken and Sips N Bits - both have great food!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,558 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants?

Sips and Bites is great and right next door to Rockhouse - also not far is a new place called Chicken World - we ate there in January, the brown stew chicken was excellent and the price tag as well - 4 of us ate till belly full for 1200JMD (less than $20USD).

LTU is terrific for a more "upscale" dining experience and SeaStar is GREAT for lunch or dinner - Saturday night webcasts are a hoot with live music and plenty of people to hang out with. AND...the buffet rocks - I've never eaten at a buffet that puts out so much food and is so consistently good.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
602 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants?

Sips and Bites is great,I haven't eaten in but had a take ot once and it was one of the tastiest meals I've had in Jamaica. Xtabi is also wonderful, very relaxed atmosphere, fantastic cliff side setting and excellent food. LTU is also very nice, one of the nicest bars in Negril, good food a a reasonable price.

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants?

"SeaStar is GREAT for lunch or dinner - Saturday night webcasts are a hoot with live music and plenty of people to hang out with. AND...the buffet rocks - I've never eaten at a buffet that puts out so much food and is so consistently good."

I couldn't agree more with this statement. The Saturday Night Buffet w/entertainment at $12 per person is one of the best values for the money in ALL Negril. AND you get FREE transportation BOTH ways! I was there Saturday Feb 2nd and they sold something like 115 meals and the food never ran out!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
505 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants?

Cant wait to go to the Seastar - we are booked there for the 29th of March. We will be at Negril Gardens for ten days so I thought it would be a nice change of pace. Sounds great.