We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Sandals

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Sandals

Leaving in less than 2 weeks and I have a few questions.

1. For men, are shorts, nice sandals and a collared shirt okay for the restaurants (except Kimono's of course)? We have been to other Sandals and this always seemed to be the case but wanted to make sure the same is true in Negril.

2. How far away is the Canopy Tour? We really wanted to do this but heard it was far away (like 1.5-2 hours).

Thanks for any help!

Luxurious Carib Tours and Taxi Jamaica
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
JuJu Tours
Sightseeing Tours
LivUp Jamaica Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Fabian Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Sandals

One more question as well. I noticed on Sandals website that Negril has "formal night" as a theme. The other Sandals we went to never had formal night. Question is, just how formal is it?

Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Sandals

On the dress code question, last time we were there they required men to have closed toe shoes, the shorts and collared shirts are just fine.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Sandals

the times i have been to SN dinner anywhere except for kimonos wore shorts tommy bahama shirts and rainbow sandals..

my friends did the canopy tour from SN and i think they left around 0800 and were back like 1530 and the ride is about 1hr and they really had a good time..

i have never seen a formal night there.. the only people i ever see get dressed up there are those getting married..

i am jealous.. some of my friends that work there called me this morning.. can't wait to get back!

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Sandals

Thanks for the info. Also, do they have a sports bar? I am a huge University of Tennessee fan and they have a big game against Memphis the night we arrive. I assume I could watch it in the room but i would rather be out at a bar.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Sandals

they have two tv's at the piano bar where they only play USC TROJANS games 24/7... lol just kidding, if the game is televised on cbs,abc or espn they would be happy to turn it on for you! otherwise the nearest place to catch all of any televised sports would be margaritaville

Chesapeake, VA
Level Contributor
149 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Sandals

I was at Sandals Negril last September and they did not get ESPN anywhere on the resort. If what you want to see is on ESPN, take a taxi to Maragritaville. They have it.

Barnhart
Level Contributor
605 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about Sandals

Formal night generally means no shorts, t-shirts, sandals, or tennis shoes.

If you want to avoid packing those things for only that night, you can make a reservation at one of their other casual restuarants that evening.

Livingston Texas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about Sandals

When you make your reservation at Kimonos make sure you ask for Jermaine as your chef!! He is the best chef and so very, very funny!! {A word to the wise.}

Watch out for his Saki Bombs!!

As for the dress code --- Two nights ago there was a guy at our table that was in a pair of shorts. He was not turned away. But he was the only one in shorts.

And make sure when you go snorkeling you are on the boat with Macky as your guide!!

Jermaine and Macky should have their own TV show!!

Livingston Texas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about Sandals

Forgot to add this…………

There is a zip line at YS Falls and it is a 2 hr. drive but well worth it! We did not go with the Sandals package. We just went to YS Falls and Appleton. If you go to the zip line at YS make sure you take cash. They do not take credit cards for drinks and food. You can rent a locker for a dollar to put your stuff in. You can go once for 30 dollars then you can pay and extra 20 dollars and go all day long if you want to. They are shorts lines but you go right over the falls. I stayed in the falls but my husband did the zip lines and loved it!!

10. Re: Questions about Sandals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 07:19