We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Booked Beaches Negril!

tyd
Selden, NY
Level Contributor
617 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Just Booked Beaches Negril!

Just booked Beaches Negril for our trip in April. I was asked which building I had a preference for, Santa Cruz, Savannah or Montepelier. The rep, suggested the Savannah, because it was centrally located. However, he said there may be some noise because the disco is nearby. I read on one of reviews that the Santa Cruz was best because it was located on the quieter side of the resort and also near the buffet and watersports.

For anyone who has stayed at BN, which building do you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

tyd

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Booked Beaches Negril!

We were there in January with a large group and we had rooms in all the buildings - I would say the Montpelier was the quietest as it is away from the dining and pool areas, the Savannah is pretty central and the Santa Cruz is bit away from things but toward the watersports and fitness areas.

Actually I would have to say that none of the buildings are very far away and it is a nicely designed plan that lets you get anywhere quickly. The problems with noise came from the loud partiers going back to their rooms late at night or small children early in the morning and you might have that anywhere you stay.

We really loved our time at Beaches - I wish I was going back in April - Enjoy!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Booked Beaches Negril!

PS Don't expect to get your choice though - the one complaint we had about Beaches was the room assignments, we had alot of mixups with the number of beds requested in rooms, ground floor requests, etc. It did take a day of moving to get that all straightened out.

allentown, pa
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Booked Beaches Negril!

We like Santa Cruz, cause like previous poster said, its not too far away, but its on the side past the family pool and water sports area. Wish we were going back too!

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Booked Beaches Negril!

We were in the very middle of the Savannah block in August and we heard no noise at all. We had a 15 month old with us and it was never a problem. It is located right in the middle of the resort and we liked it.

I think we would have been happy with any of them. It is a great place and I can't wait to go back this August!

Deadwood, South...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Booked Beaches Negril!

Hi. My family has been there five times and have stayed in all the sections and, by far, our favorite is the Santa Cruz section. The reason is because it is more quiet and the rooms in that section seem to have a better ocean view. Also, my kids like to get up and go snorkeling early in the morning and the water sports hut is just a few steps away. Personally, though, I prefer it because I like to shut the AC off at night, open the doors to the deck, and just listen to the beautiful chirping (frogs or crickets???) and the sound of the ocean. PURE BLISS!

MJ

6. Re: Just Booked Beaches Negril!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 17:18