We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stewartstown...
Level Contributor
86 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

I can't seem to find out if they have a water tramp here. Anything I do find is from 2004. Can anyone whose been there recently tell me if they have one now?

Lewiston, Maine
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

They didn't have one in 2006. You can look at the traveler photos when you go to Beaches Negril site her on TA. Maybe they will have photos of the beach showing if they have one or not.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

When we were at Beaches Sandy Bay in July 2006, there was a water trampoline. Unfortunately during our stay a drunk guest chose to disregard the "do not dive" sign (as well as the "no lifeguard on duty" sign after dusk) and suffered a neck injury. (You can see where this story is going, hmmm?) After this all the water trampolines were removed from all the Beaches properties, at least in Jamaica.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

Summer 2007 still no trampoline. They do have the floating pools in the sea. They are great to sit in and relax or put the babies and allow to play in the sea.

Stewartstown...
Level Contributor
86 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

Well, that's upsetting about the water tramp. I hadn't seen anything about the floating pools. Sounds interesting! Does the resort provide any floats you can use or do you need to take your own? In all the pics you see folks floating around the pool and the sea on those rubber mat looking things. Thanks for the feedback.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

Most of the Sandals/Beaches resorts don't want the floaties being used in the ocean. Sandals Negril is the only one that I know of that allows it - probably because the water is so calm there they won't float away too quickly. It's not a problem to bring your own inexpensive inflatable one. I've heard of people doing this, and then just leaving them at the resort when they leave. When they're new they take up practically no room in your suitcase. I'm thinking about doing this when we return to BSB this summer.

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

We just returned last Sunday from Sandals and we visited Beaches Negril. The floating things in the ocean are very nice for relaxing. Sorry no trampolines. As for floats, they do have floats for the pool but I do not think they allow them in the ocean at Beaches. At least we did not see anyone using them the day we visited. Sandals allowed it which I thought was odd as none of the other Sandals we have been to did.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

we just got back from Beaches Sandy Bay and you could get floats for the ocean from the watersports shop. You just chack them out to your room. We got two each morning and kept them for the day, but you have to get them early. It is great to just float in the ocean with hardly any waves or current.

Lewiston, Maine
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

We have used the floats at Sandals Whitehouse, SGOR Sandals Mo Bay. We also used them at Beaches Negril when we were there. We never had a problem.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

The only water trampoline I saw was at Margaritaville - just a 10 minute walk down the beach if you want to try one out. Beaches had three anchored floaters that you can lay on and they even had cup holders for your drinks - very relaxing. The pools had floaties for your use but not for use in the ocean. My info is from January 2008 - I wish I was still there:)

10. Re: Beaches Negril - Is there a water trampoline or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 06:27