We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first visit to Jamaica........

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first visit to Jamaica........

Hiya all,

We have holidayed in Cuba for the last 2 years, as beautiful as it is I fancy a change, my husband on the other hand wants to go there again! (I usually win the arguments)

Just been to the travel agents for brochures can anybody offer any advice on which hotel to choose, we are a couple in our 30's going alone as children are going on hols with grandparents,bliss.......

I have looked at the reviews on CSA and CN both seem equally parred, any comments appreciated.

PS:- are there any couples from England going to either of these resorts at the end of August '08

Many thanks

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first visit to Jamaica........

of the two i think CSA is in a better location, on long bay in the midst of everything with alot to see and do and a long beach to walk.

maine
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: first visit to Jamaica........

i'd choose Swept Away IF i were into staying at Couples....for the same reason posted above

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: first visit to Jamaica........

Cheers you guys,

The two looked equally the same, but having never stayed in Jamaica any info is greatly appreciated...

Have you both stayed at the CSA resort, the beach looks fab we are not overly fussy eaters but we do enjoy the night life and night scene. I think my mind is made up and my other half will go where I choose for us, as i am the one who does all the trip advisor resesrch.........

Thanks for your responses.

maine
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first visit to Jamaica........

i've stayed at Couples Negril on my very first trip to JA. I'd never do AI again....but that's just me.

NO, i've never stayed at Swept Away...but i'm sure its the same as the other...with the added benefit of being on the 7 mile beach...making it easy to walk the beach and take it the night life.

Couples Negril is up on Bloody Bay...the land of monstrous all inclusives...you need to taxi to go anywhere from there. Bloody Bay is boring after a few days.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
784 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first visit to Jamaica........

I've stayed at CSA and I think its a great choice for a first stay in Negril. Have fun!

philadelphia
Level Contributor
356 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first visit to Jamaica........

I have stayed at Grand Lido Braco and Sandals Whitehouse and Couples Sans Souci. WHitehouse is amazing bit expensive and the drive from airport is long. We were looking at Sandals Negril this year and friends are trying to talk us into Couples Swept Away. Just keep looking at pictures of resorts and get prices. Good Luck

Poconos, PA
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first visit to Jamaica........

This will be our first time in JA too! Looked at pretty many of the resorts and fell in love with CSA!! Just can't decide which room is the best. Anyone have some advice?

Beverly Shores...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first visit to Jamaica........

Dear brownny123:

I can see that you are making a decision. I will go along with that for many reasons, but CSA, as recommended has ONE big advantage, as far as I am concerned. It is NOT on Bloody Bay, which is far from overthing and only has mega AI hotels and I can almost add that the beaches are not that wide. CSA is already on Long Bay. With a little nice walking along the water, you can almost reach all kinds of fun places, plus the beach is so much better. To get to the cliffs, you will still need a taxi from either CN or CSA.

It really depends on what you want! But, there are other places on Long Bay, as well as the Cliffs, that provide super service, are NOT as expensive as the mega places like Grand Lido or Couples, and have much better beaches and location. It all depends on what you want for your vacation! If you just want a super beach, great food, great location, AI as well, then let me suggest other places. Send me a PM.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first visit to Jamaica........

CSA is on long bay. Huge fitness facility with many restaurants. Couples Negril for Bloody Bay. CN offers nude sunbathing (CSA does not if you are looking for that option) and had a very large pool overlooking the most beautiful beach ever. Long Bay you can walk forever and visit locals but has alot of venders and foot traffic. Bloody Bay is very calm, quite with few to no venders and has the wider beach. Long Bay is just that. Long but very narrow. Bloody Bay is shorter but deep (I think Bloody Bay has the better beach). There is no right or wrong just a matter of personal taste. For me it is Couple Negril. The layout was wonderful. Everything is within a minute or two of each other. The pool, beach, restaurants are so close by. You can hardly see the resort from the beach it is so hidden in the trees. Very tropical setting. There were quite a few people from England when I was at CN. I was jealous because they all had like 10 days to two week holiday and mine was only for 5 days. Be sure to spend some time on couples website. they have a message board to get more details and ask question for CSA and CN vets. Have fun.

st. peters, mo
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: first visit to Jamaica........

trust me bloody bay is the most beautiful beach you will most likly see. I don't know what all these other people are talking about but we stayed at the couples negril and it was great. you will love it there.