We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GLN Honeymoon ??s

Austin, TX
2 posts
Save Topic
GLN Honeymoon ??s

Hello. My fiance and I are thinking about honeymooning at GLN in early November. We have the chance of a really spectacular deal if we take a run-of-house room. If, worst case scenario, all that is available is the lowest grade room, is it still a nice room? Nice enough that you would want to stay there on your honeymoon? Also, again worst case scenario, if that room happens to overlook the nude beach, is it really that bad? Ordinarily, I wouldn't have a problem, but I do want our honeymoon to be special! Thanks for the help!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GLN Honeymoon ??s

We spent our honeymoon at GLN. We were in the one bedroom luxury suite that was beachfront (we got it on a special). The whole resort is really nice and I can't imagine that the lowest level of room isn't nice. The nude beach wasn't my thing because they walked around all the time naked, went to the bar, sat in the jacuzzi, got in the pool, etc. So, I wouldn't have wanted our room over there but I don't think it would have ruined our trip if it had been. You won't be disappointed with GLN. It is a FABULOUS resort!

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GLN Honeymoon ??s

whipsmart,

Take the deal on the ROH and be glad to get the chance to go to GLN. It's a great resort on a beautiful beach. We stayed on the A/N side and loved it. I don't think you have to worry about getting a textile room that overlooks the A/N. I doubt your ROH will be on the A/N side anyway.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GLN Honeymoon ??s

As long as there is at least one non C/O beach room available ( apart from Presidential Suites..lol) .. they will gladly place you there if you tell them you are not comfortable with it.

My wife and I had the honeymoon dreams are made of at Grand Lido Negril... YOU will too.

We actually stayed in the room block on the small cliffs beyond the C/O beach section and I don't think there is a nicer location on the property myself.

Even the single gardenview block still has the same beautiful rooms.. just not the oceanview the rest have. I would ask for an oceanview jr suite and take it from there...

Blessings and respect to you, you are going to be in "Heaven" !!

Steve

Austin, TX
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: GLN Honeymoon ??s

Thanks, everyone, for your help! I feel much better and can't wait till November!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GLN Honeymoon ??s

...just as you will hear very often while you're there....

No problem mon. Respect.

Steve

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
399 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GLN Honeymoon ??s

We were married at GLN in March. We booked a ROH room and at check in we informed them that we were there for our wedding and they upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite. The room was wonderful. Our guest were in a second floor room and that was very nice as well. We loved having a room on the first floor - we were able to walk right out to the beach and the patio is much larger than the balcony. We were on the clothing optional side - and while it is not our style - we did not find it to be a problem. Everything at the resort was wonderful - we hope you have a fantastic honeymoon. Let us know if you have any other questions.