We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to GLN 4/12

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Going to GLN 4/12

Checked out so many resorts before picking GLN that I am confused! Read somewhere that one of the resorts provided "floaties" to use in the ocean. Was it GLN...or some other place. Trying to save packing space - and $$. Thanks!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to GLN 4/12

Greetings pax,

Yes at GLN all the beach lounge chairs have floatable mattresses... You just grab one and off you go !

Suffice to say it's one of my personal favourite 'excercises' !!! lol

Blessings and respect.

Steve

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to GLN 4/12

The foam floaties are just one of my favorite memories from GLN. Grab a drink and a floatiea dn head to the water. I could stay there for hours just floating.

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to GLN 4/12

we stayed at GLN in February... heavenly :)

do NOT bring floaties. they have plenty.

what you should bring is water shoes, if you want to use CO beach. The main beach is sandy and clear needless to say.

You *can* do without shoes at CO beach, but you may step on piece of coral, etc, if you walk out far (we did). it was well worth it - you can see fish and sometimes a baby ray right off shore... beautiful.

also, water shoes are sold at gift shop - if you wear a common size, no worries.

Minneapolis
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to GLN 4/12

Thank you guys...all of you...so much! If any of you have other "insider" tips you think I'd find useful, let me know.

Indy
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to GLN 4/12

Good choice, we just got back last week! Don't take floaties, they are there and plentiful. This place is like heaven on earth. As always, the wife "overpacked" take what you need, 2 restaurants require long pants and closed toe shoes for the men, and the ladies can get away with anything dressy, other than that, I could have got by with 2-3 pairs of shorts/swimtrunks/ 3-4 shirts. Heck I could have packed 1 weeks worth on a small carry on! Stay on the beach cove if they'll give you a room there, perfect spot, if you don't mind the clothing optional, although you don't have to be nude to stay in that section, there was a good mix of nude/topless/and swimsuit wearers. No one really cared who wore (or not wore) what. All is good there! ENJOY!!!

Monmouth Beach, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to GLN 4/12

Pax

If you are planning on staying on the c/o beach whatever you plan on packing lay it all out then

take 1/3 and put it back and chances are you will still over pack!!

The frenche requires a jacket but i just borrow one of theirs and save the hassle of packing a jacket to negril.

As far as floaties you may want to bring a long a shoe lace and moor yourself to the dividing rope then simple untie the lace and flaot back into shore yatching at its best!!!

as others have mentioned the c/o beach is rocky and if you elect not to bring water shoes just watch where you step after a day or two is becomes second nature lol...

ps the floaties double as a chaise lounge "tarp" in the event of a brief afternoon shower so keep one next to your chair have fun and have some baby lamb chops for me

Minneapolis
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to GLN 4/12

scottyd - thanks! Although not staying at the c/o, your tip about packing 1/3 of what I initially lay out is still a valid one. I always overpack no matter where I am going or for how long! Old habits die hard, you know? So glad I entered the forum...everyone has been so positive about GLN that I cannot wait to get there! Sometimes the reviews make one a bit nervous. I will make sure to pack my "chill" and I just know all will be fantastic.

Austin, Tx
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to GLN 4/12

GLN is great - i do agree that you must try the lamb chops from the c/o bar/grill - our room was 10 feet (if that) from that bar & pool - we loved it. whenever we wanted a quick snack or a nice drink, we just walked a few steps out the door. Robert, behind the grill, is awesome!

9. Re: Going to GLN 4/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 11:20