We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

Connecticut
Level Contributor
515 posts
1 review
Save Topic
how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

15 days...I'm ready, vacation, I'm ready...i'm not ready!!!!

Are you packed with 15 days to go? Are you tan? Do you have lists of where to go....tours booked.....

Not me.....ahhhhhhh!!!!!

Last time I posted I wasn't psyched...now I am ecstatic and underprepared..........

Tell me about your last minute prep......

Factoryville...
Level Contributor
317 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

hey cold

Factoryville...
Level Contributor
317 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

just go and have an awesome time in the most beautiful place in the world.......23 days til we are there for 10 days...the count down is the best

gabby

go with the flow

Deadwood, South...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

How exciting for you! I have six weeks left but I'm already packing. My last minute prep is to just pray for a safe trip and rejoice that it will soon come!

MJ

VA
Level Contributor
323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

15 days in advance...I'm usually packing and unpacking several times. Shopping and more shopping for clothes and swimwear. Talking about it so much that my husband wants tape my mouth shut. :) I still have a ways to go this time though....my trip to Negril is in July. Trying not to count down because I'll get depressed at such a high number. :)

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

77 more sleeps to go....too soon for me to start packing? ;-)

Naomi :-)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

Run down the shop grab a bottle of rum, or some redstripe - and have a practise drinking session :-)

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

Kall, your right about that! One week-end we bought a case of red strip - $30 and started counting our "saved change" and the next day we called our travel agent and booked for 2009!! whoo-Hoo

As far as packing? I start around the end of March for the end of April, Tanning is one month prior to the leave date because I get the unlimited 30 day package, Drive my hubby crazy....one year in advance! Making a list of what to pack ect...lets just say I have many of them and every family member gets one! By the time the date to goes draws near everyone is ready to throw me out the door already lol.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

15 days out? eesh. I'm a basket case. I'm a year out - and haven't even made all the arrangements yet - including giving the surprise to hubby - and I'm already so jazzed I'm dancing to Bob Marley in my chair at work.

dukedogalso
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

Lol, I usually pack about 20 minutes before leaving for the airport, figuring less is more, things have worked out for 30 plus years now.

charlotte, nc
Level Contributor
349 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how do you prepare in the homestretch?????

I'm with ya Duke - maybe get a checklist ready one week prior but pack one or two nights before we leave. No need to bring the "kitchen-sink" on vacation.