We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat tipping

Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Boat tipping

I've searched the tipping posts but can find nothing on tipping the guy that takes you out snorkeling or parasailing. Same rules as drivers? Also, will we be able to do both with the same guy? Must do things right!

Lake Superior
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat tipping

Regarding boat tipping:

Tipping the boat is generally not well received by those in the boat at the time of the alleged tipping.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat tipping

Roachkilla! lol

Seriously though, I have not tipped the guys you mentioned, but I did tip Capt. Dennis & his mate when he took us out on a Dolphin Watch and to the Pelican Bar.

I'm interested to hear what others say.

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat tipping

Went out for a $20 pp snorkeling excursion. Pleased with service and personal attention, we tipped $5 pp.

charlotte, nc
Level Contributor
349 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat tipping

I always tip but the amount is simply based on the service provided. For instance, Andy and Seymore took us snorkeling last summer in their glass-bottom boat. They went out of their way to snorkel with us, often pointing out sea life that we would've easily missed on our own. They allowed to us to snorkel over the alotted time and were great company on the ride to and from the reef. Their fee was $20pp and I tipped them an extra $10 per person for such a wonderful experience. They acted like it was a good tip.

Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat tipping

I'll remember that Roach. Did get your attention though. Thank you all.

6. Re: Boat tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 20:16