We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Negril August Rollcall

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches Negril August Rollcall

We are off to Beaches Negril again this August. I was wondering who else is going to be be there during that time? We met some fab people last summer and I know of one couple and their kids that will be there again during that time.

We will be there from the 5th to 19 August.

Who else?

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Beaches Negril August Rollcall

We are there from the 10th to the 16th.

A few questions for you experienced types:

- Please confirm that you DO get shampoo and such. I saw a posting elsewhere that said they don't provide it.

- How crazy is it to book the restaurants? Do you have to line up every AM at 8 at the restaurant you want that night or can you book in advance? Any insider tips?

- How bad are the bugs gonna be? Is it only at dusk/night or are they out there all day long?

- How bad is the Italian restaurant? Nobody ever recommends it - should we avoid it? (we are in NJ and used to great Italian).

- How worthwhile is it to go to Sandy Bay for dinner? Anything there worth the trip? Is the Italian there better?

- Are there any special nights we should be prepared for (like a cookout on the beach or some other special meal nite that might affect our decision on where to make reservations)?

- Any recommendations for great Beaches tropical mixed drinks?

- Do you have to ask for top shelf liquor? Do they have it at all the bars? Do they have cognac?

- How safe did you feel bringing cameras/wallets to the pool or beach and leaving them unattended in a bag?

- Are the locals a hassle on the beach?

Many thanks!

Rich

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Beaches Negril August Rollcall

I'll try to answer some of your questions - although honestly my answers are based on my stay at Beaches T&C - we are headed to Negril on the 13th. Maybe we'll bump into you!

You should get a bag of toiletries - it includes a small (4 oz maybe?) bottle of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and aloe vera gel. Plenty of aloe vera, but we needed more shampoo and conditioner so I always bring our own. Not sure if you can ask for more.

I'm anxious to hear the answers to your other questions. You might be better posting them in a new thread - since this one is only likely to grab those of us going in the next couple of weeks.

Not sure about the italian restaurant but I can say we did not care for the one in T&C. It was basic pasta and sauce - nothing special. We do like the hibachi grill, though. It is probably the same as you can get at home, but it is still a lot of fun. At T&C we found the adult only restaurant to be excellent dining and the other family restaurants to range from fair to very good.

What type of room did you book? What ages are your kids?

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Beaches Negril August Rollcall

Good idea - I posted separately.

34. Re: Beaches Negril August Rollcall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 16:19